Desperately need help

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
Ok so I recently had my moroso steering reservoir powdercoated. When I put everything back together I suddenly have no power steering or power brakes. I replaced the pump and still had the problem. I then tested the system by removing the pump pressure line and putting it into a jug and let the car for a few seconds. The fluid was being pumped through the line without issue. I then replaced the hydroboost today and after startup it still has nothing. I then removed the reservoir, return lines, large line from reservoir to pump and checked them all for flow. The tank flows right out of both ports without issue, and there was no restriction in the return hoses either. When the car is running there is obviously no steering assist and the brake pedal is just rock hard. The pedal does drop down then come back up when the car is first started so I assume the new hydroboost is working. Something i did find this evening is when i press down on the brake pedal most of power steering comes back, but when you release the brake it slowly goes back to manual steering. The rack was replaced 3 years back and the hoses were all replaced around the same time so none of them are kinked whatsoever. Please if anyone can give me some help, I am begging for an obvious reason based on my testing and I need it fast.

Another note, the fluid is correct and there is plenty of fluid in the tank. The pump doesn't seem to produce any sound whatsoever which is weird even tho the car is on jack stands. I was expecting it to make noise when on the stops during bleeding but there is no sound at all.

Users who are viewing this thread