Depin amber harness?

Slowings

Established Member
Hey Everyone, looking for some help here. Previously sold my ambers when I got into a tight spot. Knew I would be getting another set, so I cut off my harness on the body side. So fast forward to now and I got my ambers back, when now I have realized I cut one of my harnesses too short to splice wires in.

I’m now looking to pull these short wires from my plug, and can’t figure out how to depin this connector. Worried about hacking at it due to them being impossible to find. Does anyone have any idea on how to depin this?

shurur

Established Member
If there is no tab to keep the pins secure, you can put a thin screwdriver or pick in the back side connector pin housing to hold the pin barbs back and pull the pins out from the back.

52merc

Established Member
First you need to unlock the back of the connector and expose the pins (see the picture in #2 post above). From the side that the pins go into the connector, you need to use a small jeweler's screwdriver and lift up the locking tab, then pull the pin out. Hope the picture below helps. Both the male and female connectors work the same way.

upload_2021-3-27_10-18-4.png

Users who are viewing this thread