deodorant

tama

Mastermind
Established Member
I'm a perfussive sweater and can't seem to find any that work well. Anybody out there have similiar problems? What brand do you men use out there that works well?:shrug:

OKcobra

Established Member
Try using "Certain Dri". You can buy it at any pharmacy store and mostly wherever you buy your deodorant (CVS also has Certian Dri). Apply it during your bedtime and use your regular deodorant during the day. But before you use Certian Dri make sure you read the instruction on the back of the box. Make sure you buy Certian Dri. Do NOT buy "Certian Dri A.M.". That is just to use during the day, NOT during your bedtime. Certian Dri A.M. is not the same as the regular Certian Dri. You do not need a prescription for this product. I use Certian Dri and it works perfectly.

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
I have the same problem. I actually never sweat, even when i workout. But for some reason I pit-out in every single shirt that i wear no matter what the temperature(even if im cold?:dw:). Ive tried all the OTC stuff and even the new "stronger than perscription" stuff that just came out. Nothing has worked so far and I followed the instruction to a "T". Botox armpit injections are a real possibility for me in the future. Apparently they actually paralyze the sweat gland and make it inactive. Omarosa(crazy black chick from the apprentice) got it done because she had such a bad sweating problem and swears its the only thing thats worked for her.

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
Sure Perscription strength, I used to sweat Badly, I mean sweat at work on my outer shirt 2 hours into the work day in the A/C desk job. Now with the sure I don't sweat AT ALL

txyaloo

Established Member
Dont they have perscription stuff for that?

Drysol is a prescription antiperspirant, but I didn't find it all that effective. It's available OTC in Canada so you can order it online through quite a few websites.

Armpit Botox

This works wonders. I had it done around 4 years ago. Thankfully it was fully covered by my insurance otherwise it would have been close to $1,000 out of pocket. I was used to going through two dress shirts a day at work (or more), the botox almost killed my armpit sweat 100%. It's only supposed to be effective for 6-8 months at a time, but I'm just now starting to see the bad sweating again. It was well worth it in my opinion.

svtdvm

NEWB
Established Member
.... Thankfully it was fully covered by my insurance otherwise it would have been close to $1,000 out of pocket. ....

Interesting. Did you have to be diagnosed with a medical condition first, in order for insurance to cover the cost of the procedure?

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
Drysol is a prescription antiperspirant, but I didn't find it all that effective. It's available OTC in Canada so you can order it online through quite a few websites.

The excessive sweating is called..."Hyperhydrosis". And I have it. The OTC stuff never worked for me.

I use the prescription Drysol variant. But I absolutely have to put a steroid lotion(also prescription) on prior to the drysol or it would keep me up all night stinging/itching. ;)

Thankfully it has done what the Doc said it should........decreased my sweating enough to where I only have to use it once every 1 1/2-2 weeks now.

tama

Mastermind
Established Member
This is all good info. Thanks gents. During the winter is ok for as I were coats and such but during the summer it's down right embarrassing for me.:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread