Denver Auto Show

noco5.0

Established Member
I went to the Denver Auto Show today and it was a huge disappointment. It was the first time I've been in a few years and it seems to have gone downhill. All of the new 2020 cars I was interested in seeing were either locked up or on a roped off display. That includes the GT500, 2020 Ford Explorer, Lincoln Aviator, Jeep Gladiator, Toyota Tacoma, 4 Runner and several others. There were no Trackhawks, Hellcats, Demons, or Redeyes. There was one Plum Crazy Scat Pack Shaker and people were all over it, so from that little anecdotal observation I think these cars are still popular with the masses. I was also interested in seeing the new Genesis G70 since my wife will be looking to replace her Grand Cherokee next year and Genesis didn't even bother to show up. I'm probably becoming an old curmodgeon, but couldn't believe how many people were letting there little rug rats bang on and crawl all over new cars. Needless to say it will be my last new car show unless they make an effort to do something different felt like a waste of time.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Detroit Auto Show was the same way, they had so much room left on the main floor that they brought up Rally Kings and Mahindra.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Has attendance dropped off over the past couple of years? That might explain why fewer vehicles/manufacturers showed up.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
The one in Minneapolis was a bit blah this year too. When there is nothing super exciting being debuted, It's usually worth going for the eye candy parading around with the manufacturers but that was non existent this year too. Good thing there were still cocktails otherwise it would have been a total loss!
The coolest thing there was a collection a guy brought to show off, Gt40, 1st gen FGT, and a new one all in Gulf paint.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Has attendance dropped off over the past couple of years? That might explain why fewer vehicles/manufacturers showed up.
To be fair, the Denver show has always sucked. Went 5-6 years ago and was the same as when I went last year. All lower and mid models, nothing of interest.

Users who are viewing this thread