Densos vs. NGK's

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
I have a 2.93 upper pulley, I would estimate I am making about 14lbs. of boost at this time with my other mods in sig. I have my NGK's at 0.35 right now, but I have heard that people are going to 0.38-0.40 with the Densos with no problems. I know they supposedly come "pre-gapped", I think it was TommyLightning who can gap them? Should I get the IT-20's or IT22's?

So, what gap should I get them "pre-gapped" at? Or maybe I can have TommyLightning hook them up, if that's the guy to get them from. Any thoughts? 0.35? 0.38?

Figure if they are worth a few more ponies, it's worth the shot right? Thanks guys!

Also, I have read a few posts about Densos being superior to the NGK's as far as high RPM misfiring goes. Do the Denso's really help H.P. or is that how they can justify selling them for damn close to $10 a plug?

CuLaTeR

Established Member
The IT-16's are equal to our stock plugs. The IT-20's are one heat range colder. The IT-22's are 2 heat ranges colder and for people running higher boosts. The NGK-TR6's were 1 heat range hotter then my stock motorcraft plugs. There is a chart around that gives the suggested denso plugs for the amount of boost you are running. Maybe someone can find that chart.

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Now I wonder........are the equivalent plugs to the NGK TR-6 the Denso IT-20's or the IT-22's? I can't find them on the cross reference chart that Denso gives......????

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
I know about all that stuff CuLaTeR, I just tried to sift through all that for the last hour.....

Could anyone shed some light on this? Are the TR-6's the same as the IT-20's or the IT-22's?

I am leaning toward the IT-22's based upon Tommylightning's recommendations, gapped at 0.35.

:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread