• WMS vocity tube

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DenseCharger

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chris_96cobra

Established Member
I am looking to up grade my intake with a Pro-M 87mm bullet and either a Densecharger or a WMS veloty tube CAI. My first question is what is the denscharger? And my second question is, is the 87mm bullet good or do I need to look into other MAM?

StangD281

Established Member
Densecharger is a basic CAI kit; it's black anodized plastic so it doesnt draw the heat of the chrome finished CAI's. The filter drops down deep into the fenderwell drawing air. The piping is HUGE, so the air really flows well. I love mine, so does the car! I dont know anything about the Velocity tube, however, so my vote goes to the Densecharger. :thumbsup:

Chris_96cobra

Established Member
Here you go, its kinda small though!

I just don't see what is so special about it other then it does place the filter deeper in the fender?

BTW stungbymystang.com has them for 115.oo shipped! Is this a good price or not?

Last edited:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Get the Densecharger complete to TB kit. That is the best way to go. If you don't delete all the rubber with flex bends in it, then the heat soak and turbulance is still there.

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
Sorry bout the quality, I had to take out some of the prettiness to make it fit the size limitations here. But you get the idea. If you want higher quality pics (over 100K) Gimme your email address.

Alex

BTW, anyone know what the blue X means on the 2nd pic in front of the alternator?

Last edited:

ALLNTRL

Established Member
The UPR or AFM powerpipes offer the best "real world" gains for the 96-98 Cobra's, and the Pro-M 80mm is the MAF you want to go with this setup. ;-)

max

Established Member
Originally posted by ALLNTRL
The UPR or AFM powerpipes offer the best "real world" gains for the 96-98 Cobra's, and the Pro-M 80mm is the MAF you want to go with this setup. ;-)

Agreed. However, the Pro M 77 isn't too bad with that setup as well. Too many people frown at the open K&N with the UPR, but the et slips show its worth.

Rev Happy

Established Member
I just installed the UPR Powerpipe with the Big Mouth Filter last week on my Cobra. I didn't think I would feel that much of a difference, but I'm pretty impressed with the "seat of the pants" results. The car revs a lot more freely and pulls a good deal harder on the top end... On the first test drive, I went WOT in first at around 3000 and got some good tire spin. Even when I shifted somewhat slow at around 6500 into second, I got a nice little chirp.

Most people that I have talked to have picked up on average 1mph in the 1/4 with the UPR N/A powerpipe. It seems like a lot guys running well into the 12s's are running this pipe... You can't ask for much more than that from a powerpipe/filter combo...

Its a pretty nice quality piece and I like the look of the kit over the ever so popular Densecharger (which everyone and their mom seems to have).

Last edited:

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
I bought the densecharger over the MAC. I prefer functionality and performance over looks and almost absolute zero performance gain due to heat loss.

Users who are viewing this thread