Demon VS GT500 and Redeye VS GT500

blk02edge

Established Member
Stock/stock the Redeye vs. 500 is drivers race in the 1/4 mi. ET advantage will likely go to RE due to the slightly added weight/softer suspension allowing harder launch.

No real losers TBH... 500 or RE. Would be great to own either.
Id be happy with a RE, base 500 or base ZL1 for street duty.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Id be happy with a RE, base 500 or base ZL1 for street duty.
I'd be happy with a GT500, those dodge cars are too heavy and too big, even the gt500 is too heavy. Right now the cheapest is the zl1, I cannot believe those cars are already in the 40s, dang.

I wish GM would do a refresh one more time, with a better exterior in mind, then release an LT5 z28.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
haha! Nice find, Sir.

Redeye is so damn impressive.

Dodge really pissed all over every other manufacturer when they brought the cats out.

Watch out though, you gonna start giving the cries to the “Fail On Race Day” fans. They melt down faster than Hilary voter base.

I get the impression that you describe morbidly obese whales that get winded getting out of their impala as “Thicc”.

MaOstrich is a souper inguneer like Wile E Coyote was a super genius.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
What exactly is "all around"?

All around as in performance, driving and enjoyable. GT500 can show up stock, on street tires to a drag strip and thanks to launch control run bottom 11s at worse, more testing and skilled driver knowing track and car can hit 10's. It can then go directly to a road course and haul serious ass around it. This is all in a completely stock car. Ford has put huge brakes, dedicated coolers for trans and diff to make sure car does not overheat. Not many cars, unless highend, can run that fast/handle fast in multiple situations. The red eye can only do one. To follow up on this, you can on that same day running both situations, still go out to eat or store etc in the same car without having to change a tune, fuel, tires etc. That is what I mean by all around

As for ride, I can't judge that not driving either one but the GT500 is not necessarily a "road course focused" only due to it having Magneride. Since the begging of the tech, everyone raves on it because you can adjust it to different settings on the fly and it adjusts to bumps in milliseconds.

Looks is subjective.

Comfortable, I could give to the challenger being it is huge and large seats, although the gt500 still has all the creature comforts, you'll be comfortable.

Replacing engine and transmission, I don't know how that factors into anything here.

No posts have been deleted in this thread.

It was not this thread. A few weeks ago now I had my own thread in the pics and vids showing Randy Probst testing GT3 RS and GT500 on the same road course and they managed the same time around. That is seriously impressive. It had about 5 responses and then the next day was gone. Shrug.

blk02edge

Established Member
I'd be happy with a GT500, those dodge cars are too heavy and too big, even the gt500 is too heavy. Right now the cheapest is the zl1, I cannot believe those cars are already in the 40s, dang.

I wish GM would do a refresh one more time, with a better exterior in mind, then release an LT5 z28.
They're all heavy fat pigs, for a street cruiser I don't mind that. None of them are true track cars to me

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Strange... I dont belong to any other Car/Truck forums other than those dedicated to Fords... Yet, just like a bunch of Termites, you can count on the Mopar Fanbois to infest a Ford site trying desperately to chew the balls off those they desperately wish to they could compete with.

Its always,

Viper vs GT500/Cobra
Demon Vs GT500...

The Demons direct competition is the Cobra Jet... which annihilates the Demon.
the Vipers Main Competition is the Ford GT... again... Ford wins. its not even a question.

Mopar is shit... Being owned by a bunch of greaseballs at Fiat hasnt changed a damn thing.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
Strange... I dont belong to any other Car/Truck forums other than those dedicated to Fords... Yet, just like a bunch of Termites, you can count on the Mopar Fanbois to infest a Ford site trying desperately to chew the balls off those they desperately wish to they could compete with.

Its always,

Viper vs GT500/Cobra
Demon Vs GT500...

the Vipers Main Competition is the Ford GT... again... Ford wins. its not even a question.

Mopar is shit... Being owned by a bunch of greaseballs at Fiat hasnt changed a damn thing.

I'm not sure what's winning here, ignorance or stupidity.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Demon. Heated leather seats. Navigation. Cooled cup holders. Subwoofers. AC. Heat. Runs on pump gas. Is street legal. Has a VIN = Direct Cobra Jet Competitor.

DRAG PAK Competitor?... Top Fuel Dragster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Its always,

Viper vs GT500/Cobra
Demon Vs GT500...

giphy.gif

blk02edge

Established Member

Its always,

Viper vs GT500/Cobra
Demon Vs GT500...

There was not a single correct rambling in this post. Literally not one.. Lol

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor

Here ya go. Drag Pak Challenger, direct competitor to Cobra Jet, and they run door to door every weekend. Demon is a street car. In that regard Ford has ZERO direct competition. No chewin balls, just facts ;)

Dodge Challenger Drag Pak Debuts To Dominate The Quarter-Mile

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Here ya go. Drag Pak Challenger, direct competitor to Cobra Jet, and they run door to door every weekend. Demon is a street car. In that regard Ford has ZERO direct competition. No chewin balls, just facts ;)

Dodge Challenger Drag Pak Debuts To Dominate The Quarter-Mile

Demon is definitely in a class of its own. Neither of the other two have the balls to challenge it. Which is sad because both platforms are lighter and much more refined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Never go full retard!

Its always,

Viper vs GT500/Cobra
Demon Vs GT500...

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Demon is definitely in a class of its own. Neither of the other two have the balls to challenge it. Which is sad because both platforms are lighter and much more refined.
Agreed, Ford or GM could definitely make a Demon competitor. Heck all Ford needs to do is make a street legal Cobra Jet using the existing GT500. Basically use GT500 motor, use a 10R80 trans, use the solid axle that the S550 CJ uses and put in the required safety equipment like front and side airbags and you have a real Demon slayer. I bet that car with a solid axle weighs around 3500lbs, a lot lighter than a Demon pushing nearly the same HP.

boduke0220

Established Member
Anyone remember when the 07-09 GT500 came out and everyone complained it was nose heavy, wouldn't handle and was a boat? so ford put the aluminum bock it it, gave it recaros and tons of suspension upgrades in 2012-2014. Then the Hellcats came out and all of a sudden we don't care about handling lol I swear you could give people a golden egg and they would still complain.

Users who are viewing this thread