Demon VS GT500 and Redeye VS GT500

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Crate Demon (sans wheels and tires) VS. “worlds fastest” bolt on / e85 500.

Stock Redeye (sans tires) VS, Stock GT500 (sans tires)

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Screenshot_20200211-155048__01.jpeg

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
cool. dedicated drag car wins against modded road course focused car and boulevard bruiser beats road course car. in other news, rain falls from the sky.i didnt see anything out of the ordinary happening in either of these vids.

i dont see the point of comparing a demon vs a gt500 at a drag strip. its just as stupid as comparing the two at a road course. the redeye also wouldnt win at a road course, thats not what the car was designed for.

i still say it speaks volumes more about the demon/redeye/hellcat cars because theyre STILL the yardstick for the masses to compare other cars to.

john11gt

Established Member
cool. dedicated drag car wins against modded road course focused car and boulevard bruiser beats road course car. in other news, rain falls from the sky.i didnt see anything out of the ordinary happening in either of these vids.

i dont see the point of comparing a demon vs a gt500 at a drag strip. its just as stupid as comparing the two at a road course. the redeye also wouldnt win at a road course, thats not what the car was designed for.

i still say it speaks volumes more about the demon/redeye/hellcat cars because theyre STILL the yardstick for the masses to compare other cars to.

That “road course focused car” has launch control. To think drag racing wasn’t also on their mind when they built it Is silly.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I don't know what happened to my post on here, it got deleted. The GT500 ran the same time as a GT3 RS on a road course. It at the same time runs 10's stock, which is not slow, all while weighing over 4000lb.

It can do everything. If you truly "respect cars" the GT500 is better.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Interesting videos. We'll see other videos with differing results, under differing conditions, with different drivers. Bottom line, pick your poison! They're all stellar HIGH-performance muscle cars that will put a freaking grin on your face.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I don't know what happened to my post on here, it got deleted. The GT500 ran the same time as a GT3 RS on a road course. It at the same time runs 10's stock, which is not slow, all while weighing over 4000lb.

I like to think I respect cars, period. That said, what you respect about cars and what I respect about cars are totally subjective and personal. In your initial example, I dont give a flying 4 letter word what the GT500 does compared to a GT3RS...I'll take the GT3RS all day. I respect the 911 heritage. I respect the brand. Doesn't mean I dont respect the GT500, it is indeed a great car. Better is an opinion.

For me, and a lot of other people, the car that gets to the end first is the most respected, and in this case specifically, its the Redeye :)

I also respect the fact that with 5 total mods, our Redeye has been 9.29 and runs consistently in the low 9s. (pulley/Fore/ID1050/Diff brace/drag setup).

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

I think what you're saying here - and I believe it's indisputable - is that the 500 is aimed at a different target in terms of engineering. It'll do far more than just go straight which, even though it lost this time, doesn't mean it's a slouch at the drag strip. Don't get me wrong; I have nothing against the Dodge's and they serve their purposes well. They used a tried and true method to achieve their success. I'm fully accepting of the 500 losing a drag race in a comparison with a Redeye. It was built for that sole purpose so in my opinion, it better be quicker. We've already seen it go the other way too, though, so if anyone's losing sleep over all this, take some comfort in knowing that most future street encounters between the two will likely make the launch + tire less of a factor and tip the results in the 500's favor.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
This pretty much definitively settles that the Demon is clearly the better 1/4 mile car.

In this metric, Venom most definitely does not kill Demon's.

Well done videos

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Dedicated Drag Car? If u think the Redeye is a version of a "Dedicated Drag Car" id say ur experience with dedicated drag cars is extremely limited.

First of all the dedicated drag car was SLOWER than the so-called road course car but quicker so ur rain falling from the sky comment sounds utterly dumb!

Second, the DEMON was a so-called dedicated drag car and still the furthest thing from a dedicated drag car in the world of Car Racing! The Redeye is no different than he Hellcat with a little more power so ur knowledge of what a Dedicated Drag Car claims to be is comical!

Both cars are nearly identical in power.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
This pretty definitively settles that the Demon is clearly the better 1/4 mile car.

In this metric, Venom most definitely does not kill Demon's.

Well done videos

On a prepped track with tire. In mexico, spinning aint winning.

Everyone above, my point is the gt500 is a better all around car. I like cars better like that. I think I would even rather have a GT350 bc flat plane crank and 6 speed. It is fast for na, but a lot of cars will beat it dragracing. Overall I think it would be more enjoyable driving.

Users who are viewing this thread