demon2.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 357

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just wondering..... why?
My thought as well. Especially considering their cost to do it. The original Hemi Under Glass was cool and popular back in the day because exhibition vehicles were the rage. Not so much today. I'm not sure that many really care to see a rear engine Demon with the sole purpose of doing wheelstands. They did a nice job with it.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Just wondering..... why?

Publicity/ noteriety would be my guess.

Edit:
From the article..."While these show cars (original Hemi Under Glass) never break any records, per se, they were all about the show, wowing crowds with insane wheelies aided primarily by the odd engine placement—especially for a drag racing car. For that same reason, Abimelec Arellano of Abimelec Design decided to pay homage to perhaps the ultimate American show car."

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
It's definitely a show thing but I dig it. I kind of wish they would have massaged the front/rear end to bring a bit more cuda vibe to the car.

Lol these comments though

moparsnob1 said:
Dont ever compare a Challenger to a 'cuda. They may be cousins but they are from two separate factories. Since the Plymouth factory has been silenced their will never be a true 'cuda, Barracuda or Road Runner ever on Americas highways again. Real Mopar and car people will agree. Stop trying to build something that's not true to its heritage.

moparsnob2 said:
You got a number of things wrong here. First, don’t ever call the 426 HEMI a 7. 0L HEMI ever again, it was created back when they still used ci’s to measure engine size, so you call it the 426 HEMI or The Elephant (it’s nickname). Secondly, there is no such thing as a Demon Crate Engine, the only crate engines offered by Mopar (Chrysler’s aftermarket parts brand) are the 5.7L HEMI, the 392 HEMI (a 6.4L engine), the Hellcat Engine (a 6.2L HEMI with a 2.4L IHI Supercharger), and the soon to be released Hellephant crate engine which is an aluminum block 426 HEMI with a 3.0L IHI Supercharger. Also Hurst has already announced that they are looking into building a modern HEMI Under Glass in which they will uses a 2018 or newer Dodge Challenger with the Hellephant crate engine. They also already have put out a concert designed of it.

Users who are viewing this thread