Demon rear ends going boom

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I have to legitimately FORCE myself to stop looking at Hellcats
Demon is out of the realm of what I’ll spend but **** dodge is making fun cars
You can't buy a Demon anyways, unless it's an used one.
If you do buy a Hellcat,....please no wide body. lol

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
DO IT!!!!!!

At this point. I don’t know why I don’t

Other than the fact of I know I will never drive it, and having a payment would suck.

My camaro got MAYBE 200 miles on it in 2-3 months. And had a payment which is why I sold it.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Is this a brand new issue?
Never heard if this, and now there is multiple cases of the issue?
Just seems like a case of engineers not realizing how hardcore the stress on that rear end was going to be when you factor in near 100% traction.

For a heavy, high HP and torque car that diff case needed to be iron, not heat treated cast aluminum.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Just seems like a case of engineers not realizing how hardcore the stress on that rear end was going to be when you factor in near 100% traction.

For a heavy, high HP and torque car that diff case needed to be iron, not heat treated cast aluminum.

Right, but the Demon had been out for a couple years now. Has this been happening all along, or is the issue just starting to show itself?

Curt@injected

Right, but the Demon had been out for a couple years now. Has this been happening all along, or is the issue just starting to show itself?

It's pretty much the same diff as in the hellcats and they are known to break when drag racing. One of the cars you see in the vid is highly modded but multiple stock ones broke at this event as well. I haven't heard of many stock failures until this event but it was probably a perfect storm. -1000DA and mass traction prepped the track= broken rear ends.

Users who are viewing this thread