Demon rear ends going boom

My94GT

Established Member
Apparently the problem is with the mount flanges being weak. People have done one of two things, run a brace, or weld them and it has resolved the issue.

Hopefully dodge steps up and fixes the issue as for that type of money I would expect it to hold up better.

Though that gray one launching is not stock if I remember right so doubt he sees and warranty help.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Apparently the problem is with the mount flanges being weak. People have done one of two things, run a brace, or weld them and it has resolved the issue.

Hopefully dodge steps up and fixes the issue as for that type of money I would expect it to hold up better.

Though that gray one launching is not stock if I remember right so doubt he sees and warranty help.
It was over +1000whp.

I can't see them warranty any of this and don't see why they would.

There is no quality issue here. Shit breaks when you drag race, and those guys are DRAG RACING.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
But when you need a tranny to bang gears with, you call your Chevy friend...

~touche... sorta, technically speaking dodge was the first to use the t56 in the viper. I was guilty of swapping one of those into my 03 cobra after I broke an input shaft. (I swapped in a D&D viper spec)

Img0509.JPG
DSCN0023.JPG

DSCN0015.JPG

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
~touche... sorta, technically speaking dodge was the first to use the t56 in the viper. I was guilty of swapping one of those into my 03 cobra after I broke an input shaft. (I swapped in a D&D viper spec)

I was thinking TH400 and Power glide

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Ive honestly considered swapping to a 6R80 with the 4R200 billet front hub from Power By The Hour. But the damn cost to swap a GT500 to any variant of the 6R80 is rediculously expensive for me.

The cheaper option is a Quick 6 AT controller, but Ive heard reviews as far ranging as "Its amazing " to "Its slow and quirky controlling the 6R80". Even then, the swap isnt cheap. But it does turn a GT500 into a baaddd bitch. :D

Curt@injected

G-Force has a 9" IRS kit that looks pretty damn legit, though its pricey. I wonder how many of these guys will pony up.

View attachment 1551522

Gforce's kit is absolute total junk. It cost us an entire race season and a very good customer dealing with that absolute pos.

I tuned the grey car in the vid. Customer lives in Canada. Car went 9.29 at this event with a hellcat 2.62 diff. he was running a brace when the failure in the vid happened. The rear diff is the one legit knock I will give on these cars. They're pretty much crap on anything but a stock car and the demons are proving even that to be an issue.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Well the mt82 is more likely to fail than the aluminum diff.

You really don't hear about a lot of Mt82 gen 2 failures. Now, the Gen three has a serious fork issue that is being addressed. I rail on mine and it is by far the best manual I have ever had.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
You really don't hear about a lot of Mt82 gen 2 failures. Now, the Gen three has a serious fork issue that is being addressed. I rail on mine and it is by far the best manual I have ever had.

The MT82 has been much maligned, some of its deserved, especially the current aluminum fork issues. Mine has been the smoothest shifting trans I have ever had. I have blown up the stock clutch and that's my only real hiccup which really has nothing to do with the trans, sometimes 3-4 trouble, but only under WOT no lift shifting high in the revs 7K RPMS+.

My94GT

Established Member
It was over +1000whp.

I can't see them warranty any of this and don't see why they would.

There is no quality issue here. Shit breaks when you drag race, and those guys are DRAG RACING.
There were guys at the last big track rental that apparently were stock down to the tire that broke as well. In that case yes they should warranty them, if not stock them SOL.

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure I read that over on the hellcat forums.

ZEN357

Established Member
FCA won't address it. Just like they didn't address the early Hemi's and the valve seats dropping in the head. They deny it even happens even though there are several thousand documented cases. They will only address something when someone get injured or killed, otherwise it's screw the consumer.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
FCA won't address it. Just like they didn't address the early Hemi's and the valve seats dropping in the head. They deny it even happens even though there are several thousand documented cases. They will only address something when someone get injured or killed, otherwise it's screw the consumer.
Sounds like all manufacturers.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Sounds like all manufacturers.
Eh, Ive had some legalish dealings with Ford. My car was down for warranty repairs the first 3 months I owned it (transmission; waiting for parts and a really screwball drivability problem). I called Ford customer care just to get an escalation for a Ford field engineer to inspect my car.

Not only did they expedite an engineer, they offered me a full buyback on my car without even me inquiring about it. Based on the time down that they found investigating my issue, I could have turned my 2011 into a 2014. And I though about it too, but I could only find 2 untitled new 2014 GT500s in California (where I lived at the time) and the options that were not covered by the buyback (track pack, nav, glass roof etc.) would have pushed my payment beyond what I could comfortably afford.

Ultimately, the engineer helped figure out what was wrong with my car and Ive had not a single drivability issue since. Well, at least one I didnt induce myself lol.

Im sure for every case like mine with Ford, there's a horror story. But For ford to step up like that for the 3rd owner of a used GT500.... I was damn pleased with Ford. I still am.

FCA has been shitting the bed with Jeep owners over issues with the 3.6 Pentastar, wouldnt surprise me if they told these owners that shelled out COIN for these Demons to pound it. If they are smart, they buck up and make these guys happy.

Users who are viewing this thread