Demon catches Fire @ Milan

mr2cam

Established Member
I use to work at a track that my dad was part owner of, he also was the one that had to look over the insurance policy every year and renew it. So I have a pretty good idea what a track owner would be responsible for in a case like this. There has to be a set number of fire extinguishers near the starting line, but there is nothing that says they have to be tested and inspected so often, the insurance company just requires that you "have them". There is an ambulance on site at every track and with certified EMT / firefighters, they take over if any accident happens and you just stay out of the way. Now obviously I have seen track officials put out fires before, but they are not required to do so.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I use to work at a track that my dad was part owner of, he also was the one that had to look over the insurance policy every year and renew it. So I have a pretty good idea what a track owner would be responsible for in a case like this. There has to be a set number of fire extinguishers near the starting line, but there is nothing that says they have to be tested and inspected so often, the insurance company just requires that you "have them". There is an ambulance on site at every track and with certified EMT / firefighters, they take over if any accident happens and you just stay out of the way. Now obviously I have seen track officials put out fires before, but they are not required to do so.
How many have you seen walk away in the unprofessional manner the ones at Milan did? I would fire everyone that was on the concrete that night and start over.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, then maybe they won't lose their jobs!!! lol
I was "assuming" that they would be required to do so, but you know better as you have direct experience with this.

C0bra99

Established Member
Now obviously I have seen track officials put out fires before, but they are not required to do so.
Never said they had too. When you physically remove them, like the worker did. That is where the liability starts and opens up a lawsuit.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Bingo. I have also worked volunteered for the local track too. The staff are not required too. Although most always do put out the fires.

mr2cam

Established Member
Never said they had too. When you physically remove them, like the worker did. That is where the liability starts and opens up a lawsuit.

Highly doubt it, the waver everyone signs when they get into the track pretty much covers their ass. I am not saying what the track officials did was right at all, both the track officials and the driver are at fault here.

C0bra99

Established Member
both the track officials and the driver are at fault here.
100% agree. Never once stood up for the DB driver. Karma bit his ass. Just saying I don't think the track is off the hook either. Both at fault and both will pay.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Kind of thinking people did not watch the video.

The STAFF said "Let the ****er burn and the guy grabbed both extinguishers quickly and walked away from them"

The DRIVER never said "Let it burn" based on what I listened to.

The obligation starts when the staff said "let the ****er burn" and grabbed the extingquishers.

Kind of all speculation here as none of us were there. We don't know if the owner tried the super secret shut off method and we don't really know the details of everything else. The car could have been non-functioning to being shut off, the hood latch may not have worked immediately, etc.

blk02edge

Established Member
Kind of thinking people did not watch the video.

The STAFF said "Let the ****er burn and the guy grabbed both extinguishers quickly and walked away from them"

The DRIVER never said "Let it burn" based on what I listened to.

The obligation starts when the staff said "let the ****er burn" and grabbed the extingquishers.

Kind of all speculation here as none of us were there. We don't know if the owner tried the super secret shut off method and we don't really know the details of everything else. The car could have been non-functioning to being shut off, the hood latch may not have worked immediately, etc.
If the hood latch didnt work then my deepest apologies to the driver but lets get real. He was too stupid to pop it.

850SNCobra

Established Member

Bingo.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
wait a second, does no one hear the way the ass hat driver was actually talking to the track officials? At first they were trying to handle the situation with urgency and he's pretty much like calm the f down I'm going to move at my own fat ass pace. I would have let it burn also then given him some money to find a neck.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
If the hood latch didnt work then my deepest apologies to the driver but lets get real. He was too stupid to pop it.

When there is a fire in an already hot engine bay, things go wrong. Hood latch could have failed, the super secret turn off mode while in D may no longer be an option, etc.

Regardless of how stupid the driver/owner is, track officials basically said "go **** yourself" when they grabbed the extinguishers and walked away saying "let that ****er burn"

Sure, they LATER tried to help and did get the fire out, and no one knows what happened before recording started. There could have been a previous argument with officials and the driver and tensions were already high.

Users who are viewing this thread