Demon catches Fire @ Milan

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I think the track worker and driver are idiots. The driver should have immediately popped the hood and gotten out as soon as he realized there was trouble. If the car wasn’t turning off he could have said that instead of sitting in there with the windows rolled up.
That track employee..... well that one is pretty evident

all involved look like gypsy carnie garbage......

03'Darin

Established Member
So the track crew guy comes with an extinguisher and repeatedly asks the driver to shut the car off. Driver doesn't listen. Then the driver proceeds to be a smart ass to the track worker. The way I see it is the track worker was there to help the car owner. Track worker was concerned for his own safety and wanted the car shut off before he got right in harms way. Could have been an oil or gas fire. Engine running could have caused that thing to erupt in flames especially once the hood was popped. Driver would have listened to the safety worker as he is supposed to and none of this happens.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
No doubt the owner was a dummy and jackass, but ULTIMATELY the staff showed negligence.

Track became responsible when the staff walked away from the vehicle. Track is gonna eat it, mark my words.

plenty of asshole to go around, but track staff walking off with the extinguishers ain't going to look good to a jury no matter how the tracks lawyers spin it....if it even goes to court, these tracks carry insurance, lots of it.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
plenty of asshole to go around, but track staff walking off with the extinguishers ain't going to look good to a jury no matter how the tracks lawyers spin it....if it even goes to court, these tracks carry insurance, lots of it.

Demon owner must be loaded or retarded because he was way to “cool” while his car was burning.... had to know that insurance don’t cover that.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Damnnnn, that sucks.
I'm guessing this dude is out a Dodge Demon? And no insurance coverage?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Damnnnn, that sucks.
I'm guessing this dude is out a Dodge Demon? And no insurance coverage?

This isn't the 1st dodge demon to burn down, so maybe Dodge makes him whole. Those tracks carry a lot of insurance too, though not sure if it covers this, but it does look like track staff was in a position to help and just walked away. That does not look good at all for Milan, no matter what words were exchanged between driver and staff, a picture speaks a thousand words. There is the possibility the driver had track day insurance if he raced the car a lot, but given his cavalier attitude..I doubt it.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
Fire should have been put out. But the driver/owner shouldn’t have been a dipshit either. Do what your told initially by the worker and the worker will do his job. Instead of turning the car off and opening the hood he argued back and cursed him while the worker did try and extinguish the fire. Looks to me like the driver should have listened better and not pushed off the worker. I don’t blame the track one bit. As far as I’m concerned another bites the dust fits the bill perfectly here.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I don't know. I'd be pretty reluctant to help someone if while I'm helping them they're cussing me and calling me an asshole while seeming not to care what's happening.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I had a nasty nitrous backfire at Cecil County Dragway many moons ago. After my intake manifold went into orbit through my hood i put the car into park and cut ignition. The crew signaled for me to pop the hood. I did so and once they opened the hood the flames rolled out. Naturally, the crew member dropped the hood and i had to run back over to the car and pop it again. This time they were ready and were spraying before the hood was open.

They put the car out in about 20-25 seconds and did one hell of a job in my opinion. I lost an intake manifold, newly painted fiberglass hood, driver side fender, wire loom, throttle body, maf sensor, air filter, and my pride that night.

Work with the people who are trying to work with you.

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
From what I understand in the video, the dude was trying to shut the car off, but it would not shut down?
Does that make sense? Seems weird that the car wouldn't should off. Maybe some ignition wiring got burned?

Users who are viewing this thread