Demon 170

Zemedici

Established Member
For sure. Flared front (and rear) decreased performance and tiny teeny wee bit. But then again, so does the rear. At that point, might as well de-flare. To me, it looks unbalanced. Off. Not complete. Also, to me, the wide body cats are some of the best looking cars of our times. Just love the look. I‘ll take the ”hit”.

Also, I really dont care if the average dude cant tell what my car is or cant tell it apart from other cats. A true car guy will, thats the “metric” that maters to me.

Preach. I buy / build my cars for me.

Couldn’t tell you the amount of times i had some random dickbag tell me my 03 needed a PS pump ‘cuz it’s whining so loud’

Like thanks dude…..

As they drive off in their minivan.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Preach. I buy / build my cars for me.

Couldn’t tell you the amount of times i had some random dickbag tell me my 03 needed a PS pump ‘cuz it’s whining so loud’

Like thanks dude…..

As they drive off in their minivan.

Blows my mind how many people truly dont know cars.

Shelby.. people had no idea it was a mustang. Lol... im like tf else does it look like.

q6543

Established Member
I was reading in FB groups that dealers are RETURNING 25K ADM deposits as 100k plus minimum is the new norm.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Nothing real juicy, but some more info on the 170. Standard features. Love the idea that you can buy one all stripped out. That's rare these days.
  • 6.2L V8 SUPERCHARGED D170 ENGINE
  • 3.0L SUPERCHARGER W/ BLACK LID
  • SRT DEMON 170 SUPERCHARGER BADGE
  • YELLOW PAINTED ENGINE BLOCK
  • TRANSBRAKE 2.0
  • 3.09 REAR AXLE RATIO
  • 240MM REAR AXLE
  • DRAG SUSPENSION
  • BREMBO BLACK 4-PISTON BRAKES W/ YELLOW LOGO
  • FORGED ALUMINUM WHEELS; FRONT: 18X8", REAR: 17X11"
  • MICKEY THOMPSON® DRAG RADIALS; FRONT: 245/55R18, REAR: P315/50R17
  • AIR GRABBER HOOD
  • SRT DEMON 170 EXTERIOR BADGES
  • SATIN BLACK DODGE TAIL LAMP BADGE
  • REAR BODY FLARES
  • SRT PERFORMANCE SPOILER
  • HIGH-INTENSITY DISCHARGE HEADLAMPS
  • DC ILLUMINATED AIR CATCHER HEADLAMPS
  • CLOTH DRIVER SEAT
  • SRT DEMON 170 INSTRUMENT PANEL BADGE
  • REAL CARBON FIBER INTERIOR ACCENTS
  • ALCANTARA STEERING WHEEL W/ RED LED
  • PASSENGER SEAT/ SEATBELT DELETE
  • REAR SEAT / SEATBELT DELETE
  • TRUNK CARPET / LAMP DELETE
  • SOUND INSULATION DELETE
  • BRIGHT PEDAL DELETE
  • CLOTH DOOR TRIM PANEL W/ MAP POCKET LIGHT
  • DRIVER FLOOR MAT
  • 2 SPEAKER AUDIO

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Nothing real juicy, but some more info on the 170. Standard features. Love the idea that you can buy one all stripped out. That's rare these days.
  • 6.2L V8 SUPERCHARGED D170 ENGINE
  • 3.0L SUPERCHARGER W/ BLACK LID
  • SRT DEMON 170 SUPERCHARGER BADGE
  • YELLOW PAINTED ENGINE BLOCK
  • TRANSBRAKE 2.0
  • 3.09 REAR AXLE RATIO
  • 240MM REAR AXLE
  • DRAG SUSPENSION
  • BREMBO BLACK 4-PISTON BRAKES W/ YELLOW LOGO
  • FORGED ALUMINUM WHEELS; FRONT: 18X8", REAR: 17X11"
  • MICKEY THOMPSON® DRAG RADIALS; FRONT: 245/55R18, REAR: P315/50R17
  • AIR GRABBER HOOD
  • SRT DEMON 170 EXTERIOR BADGES
  • SATIN BLACK DODGE TAIL LAMP BADGE
  • REAR BODY FLARES
  • SRT PERFORMANCE SPOILER
  • HIGH-INTENSITY DISCHARGE HEADLAMPS
  • DC ILLUMINATED AIR CATCHER HEADLAMPS
  • CLOTH DRIVER SEAT
  • SRT DEMON 170 INSTRUMENT PANEL BADGE
  • REAL CARBON FIBER INTERIOR ACCENTS
  • ALCANTARA STEERING WHEEL W/ RED LED
  • PASSENGER SEAT/ SEATBELT DELETE
  • REAR SEAT / SEATBELT DELETE
  • TRUNK CARPET / LAMP DELETE
  • SOUND INSULATION DELETE
  • BRIGHT PEDAL DELETE
  • CLOTH DOOR TRIM PANEL W/ MAP POCKET LIGHT
  • DRIVER FLOOR MAT
  • 2 SPEAKER AUDIO
Dodge giving their customers what they want. Meanwhile Ford building Mach e and 10 Ford GT's for Jay Leno.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
They should have at least changed the D O D G E emblem on the rear to D E M O N.

I agree with the flares making them the best looking cars of our time but at least its immediately recognizable from the front and side.

I cant tell the difference between a Scat Pack WB, Hellcat WB, Redeye WB, Super Stock WB or JB WB when I see them on the road. My eyes arent so good anymore I cant see that little emblem on the side from more than 50 feet now lol.

I do see ppl all the time rolling up next to my Redeye and looking at my emblem. I usually get the "Head nod" lol.

For sure. Flared front (and rear) decreased performance and tiny teeny wee bit. But then again, so does the rear. At that point, might as well de-flare. To me, it looks unbalanced. Off. Not complete. Also, to me, the wide body cats are some of the best looking cars of our times. Just love the look. I‘ll take the ”hit”.

Also, I really dont care if the average dude cant tell what my car is or cant tell it apart from other cats. A true car guy will, thats the “metric” that maters to me.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
They should have at least changed the D O D G E emblem on the rear to D E M O N.

I agree with the flares making them the best looking cars of our time but at least its immediately recognizable from the front and side.

I cant tell the difference between a Scat Pack WB, Hellcat WB, Redeye WB, Super Stock WB or JB WB when I see them on the road. My eyes arent so good anymore I cant see that little emblem on the side from more than 50 feet now lol.

I do see ppl all the time rolling up next to my Redeye and looking at my emblem. I usually get the "Head nod" lol.

Thats actually a great idea (emblem).

IMO, the scat should have never gotten the flares. Even though, I do like it. But just like the Z06, the widebody should have been for the cat versions.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Thats actually a great idea (emblem).

IMO, the scat should have never gotten the flares. Even though, I do like it. But just like the Z06, the widebody should have been for the cat versions.
Could not agree more I mean when someone sees a WB it should mean Hellcat motor for sure.

Thats like putting a 5.0 badge on a 4 cylinder Mustang smh....

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Could not agree more I mean when someone sees a WB it should mean Hellcat motor for sure.

Thats like putting a 5.0 badge on a 4 cylinder Mustang smh....
Agreed.
I have a WB manual Challenger on order. I know it’ll be slower with a manual and the standard engine but it’s such a sweet looking car.
If the dealer can’t pull off the manual I’ll ‘settle’ for a RE auto car :)
How’s your Trackhawk build coming?
While I know guys like Klaus are correct it’s a dated platform, I fully enjoy the SRT products.
-J

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
The manual is freaking kool no doubt. They seem to be hard to come by which means they will hold their value better. I bet they're really fun tho on the street tho.

I know the Hellcat is heavy and all but man in a WB it just looks better than any car I can think of. I do prefer the Charger WB tho just looks fatter but the Challenger WB is the Demon in my mind and badass. Yea, they are heavy AF but add enough power to anything and it will be fast lol.

I ordered a BES Racing 430ci Billet Aluminum stroker with Thitek heads, Billet mains, Winberg billet crank, Oliver billet rods, Diamond pistons with titanium intake valves/Inconel exhaust valves etc.... back in August smh. lol

I have the 3.8 going on it. Im gonna buy a short block this week so I can get it running again cause I just cant wait any longer smh. Of course the smart thing to do would be by a stock short block and put that in and use my Magnuson 2650.

But I just dont know long long it will be I might be stuck with that most of the summer. Demon performance has a 426 stroker short block fo sale. Might buy that and slap the whipple on but I need to do my trans so I mite just run that on 93 octane now with cam/headers till my BES motor comes in..

But im thinking its kinda silly to run it on 93 octane cause ill probably make the same power as my Magnuson on 93. I need an interchiller as well. Got everything else.

The interier is really dated no denying that but the performance isnt.

Agreed.
I have a WB manual Challenger on order. I know it’ll be slower with a manual and the standard engine but it’s such a sweet looking car.
If the dealer can’t pull off the manual I’ll ‘settle’ for a RE auto car :)
How’s your Trackhawk build coming?
While I know guys like Klaus are correct it’s a dated platform, I fully enjoy the SRT products.
-J

bullitt2735

Established Member
Well….. So far I’ve contacted 8 dealers, some having up to 3 allocations. All dealers have told me they are either 1. Spoken for 2. Best price so far is 100k over msrp and 3. We have a list and have not determined pricing yet AKA that want a bidding war

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
For the amount that guys will be paying for this + ADM they could get into halo class muscle.

429 boss
l88 corvette
w30 442
a10 charger

+ have enough left over for a built hellcat that runs with the 170.

Not close in my opinion but just my opinion.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
For the amount that guys will be paying for this + ADM they could get into halo class muscle.

429 boss
l88 corvette
w30 442
a10 charger

+ have enough left over for a built hellcat that runs with the 170.

Not close in my opinion but just my opinion.
you really need to buy 2 or 3. One to actually drive, the others to store in a wrapper.

C0bra99

Established Member
The marketing is legit. Just wondering how many years and attempts til someone even gets close to these numbers that they are saying this will go?

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
The manual is freaking kool no doubt. They seem to be hard to come by which means they will hold their value better. I bet they're really fun tho on the street tho.

I know the Hellcat is heavy and all but man in a WB it just looks better than any car I can think of. I do prefer the Charger WB tho just looks fatter but the Challenger WB is the Demon in my mind and badass. Yea, they are heavy AF but add enough power to anything and it will be fast lol.

I ordered a BES Racing 430ci Billet Aluminum stroker with Thitek heads, Billet mains, Winberg billet crank, Oliver billet rods, Diamond pistons with titanium intake valves/Inconel exhaust valves etc.... back in August smh. lol

I have the 3.8 going on it. Im gonna buy a short block this week so I can get it running again cause I just cant wait any longer smh. Of course the smart thing to do would be by a stock short block and put that in and use my Magnuson 2650.

But I just dont know long long it will be I might be stuck with that most of the summer. Demon performance has a 426 stroker short block fo sale. Might buy that and slap the whipple on but I need to do my trans so I mite just run that on 93 octane now with cam/headers till my BES motor comes in..

But im thinking its kinda silly to run it on 93 octane cause ill probably make the same power as my Magnuson on 93. I need an interchiller as well. Got everything else.

The interier is really dated no denying that but the performance isnt.

Please god call AJ before you overpay for a Demon / TKM engine!

Skips stuff is nice but goddamn it’s beyond expensive

Users who are viewing this thread