Demon 170

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Actually I LOVE the no flare up front. #1 its lighter, #2 its more drag efficient, #3 its CLEARLY identifiable as a DEMON 170 from the front or the side.

Try figuring that out with an original Demon, Redeye, Super Stock or JB in a WB. They ALL look the exactly the same other than the emblem which is really hard to see from a distance.

You think anyone knows I have a Redeye over a standard Hellcat? No one can see that little RED eye from more than 5 feet away lol. Same with Widebody Scats. They look EXACLY like a Demon from a distance.

At least with the no front flare its immediately identifiable as a Demon 170.

Sick. They ****ed up with the half flared look….. Also, something about it, doesnt hit a good as the Demon did. Never the less, ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I feel that on a spiritual level. I’m a car enthusiast at heard, I do admit my loyalty is mustangs because it’s what I grew up around. However Dodge has truly impressed me with their cars, and advertising. Flying this car in on a black hawk chopper? **** yes
blk02edge said: A black hawk....?

Twin-rotor Kamen "K-Max" K-1200 helicopter

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Does anyone remember the original Demon days?
Dodge sold/built the first cars with proof of purchase at MSRP by individuals not dealers.
Dealers could and did order (and still could charge ADM) but their cars were built last of the the 3300 cars built.
I already have a WB Challenger Hellcat manual car ‘on order’ and I already threw it out there that if they do the same thing with this Demon and selling the first cars at MSRP that I’m a buyer.
My contact said that after the owner gets back we would talk as he already said he’s trying to get one of the first manual cars built and offered me an original Demon at MSRP back in the day.
That ‘MSRP orders built first’ was a very last minute announcement and I still remember having 2-3hrs to make that decision—declined and still regret it.
Pretty amazing that they’re making this car.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
While you are correct that 170 stands for 170 proof fuel (E85), the info Dodge released states that the car will make the full 1025 hp with any ethanol blend from E65 and up, good news for those running pump E85 as it is often under 85% ethanol.
I always use E70 as the cutoff but unless you’re running it hard with max timing, Ethanol fuel has a large tuning window and detonation resistance.
On a ‘soft’ factory tune the E65 doesn’t surprise me. Now give me some E90 and 4-6deg more timing please :)
-J

LS WUT

Established Member
Twin-rotor Kamen "K-Max" K-1200 helicopter

Lol, sorry you’ll have to forgive me as I was making a joke. I was making a joke about the black hawk because of all their wild names they have. “Black ghost, track hawk, jail break, etc”. Thank you both for correcting that it was a Twin Rotor Kamen “K-Max” K1200 Helicopter.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Does anyone remember the original Demon days?
Dodge sold/built the first cars with proof of purchase at MSRP by individuals not dealers.
Dealers could and did order (and still could charge ADM) but their cars were built last of the the 3300 cars built.
I already have a WB Challenger Hellcat manual car ‘on order’ and I already threw it out there that if they do the same thing with this Demon and selling the first cars at MSRP that I’m a buyer.
My contact said that after the owner gets back we would talk as he already said he’s trying to get one of the first manual cars built and offered me an original Demon at MSRP back in the day.
That ‘MSRP orders built first’ was a very last minute announcement and I still remember having 2-3hrs to make that decision—declined and still regret it.
Pretty amazing that they’re making this car.
-J

The original demon was dope. Everything else, meh.

Seeing them flog the 7th collector edition of a platform that is in its second decade is sad at this point. It's not even an exciting platform. I prefer my truck to my hellcat.

It's like getting excited to see the Rolling Stones on tour in 2023. Sad.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Of course...... but it will still go high 9's on 93 octane. 900 hp is about 820 to the wheels. With how this is set-up a 9 second pass should be easy on 93.

But yea I agree 9.3-9.40 for most ppl on corn. Im sure Dodge went to like Atco or the like to get them numbers plus the front seat is removed with a rear seat delete but thats pretty common even for Redeye owners going fast at the track.

Power wise this is no different than the original Demon except for the 3.0 blower and the 105mm TB. The motor itself doesnt make anymore power its the same CI's as the original Demon with better parts.

Anyone can get a Flex tune for their Hellcat or original Demon now so the ability to run corn is nothing new. But just think when ppl start porting these blower and putting cam, headers, pulleys and Thitek heads with tune and they will be making 1200 hp easily.
E85 is wonderful. Heck, I daily drive it in my Ranger (E50 tune).

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I feel that on a spiritual level. I’m a car enthusiast at heard, I do admit my loyalty is mustangs because it’s what I grew up around. However Dodge has truly impressed me with their cars, and advertising. Flying this car in on a black hawk chopper? **** yes
They kill it with the marketing. Always have. Even in the 60's and 70's.

jessie_sanders

Established Member
Exactly man. Really bums me out that this could be the end of an era. But cool to see all the crazy vehicles that are rolling out from an enthusiast standpoint.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
The original demon was dope. Everything else, meh.

Seeing them flog the 7th collector edition of a platform that is in its second decade is sad at this point. It's not even an exciting platform. I prefer my truck to my hellcat.

It's like getting excited to see the Rolling Stones on tour in 2023. Sad.
I can see that but how can you not respect/want a new 1025hp muscle car.
No truck I’d prefer to that but I buy lots of cool new stuff. If I can get one for MSRP I’m buying this one.
3300 should be more than they’ve built CFTP in one year no?
-J

madscotsman

Established Member
According to several HC Facebook groups I belong to, dealerships are trying to sell these things with up to a 200K markup!?!?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Actually I LOVE the no flare up front. #1 its lighter, #2 its more drag efficient, #3 its CLEARLY identifiable as a DEMON 170 from the front or the side.

Try figuring that out with an original Demon, Redeye, Super Stock or JB in a WB. They ALL look the exactly the same other than the emblem which is really hard to see from a distance.

You think anyone knows I have a Redeye over a standard Hellcat? No one can see that little RED eye from more than 5 feet away lol. Same with Widebody Scats. They look EXACLY like a Demon from a distance.

At least with the no front flare its immediately identifiable as a Demon 170.
For sure. Flared front (and rear) decreased performance and tiny teeny wee bit. But then again, so does the rear. At that point, might as well de-flare. To me, it looks unbalanced. Off. Not complete. Also, to me, the wide body cats are some of the best looking cars of our times. Just love the look. I‘ll take the ”hit”.

Also, I really dont care if the average dude cant tell what my car is or cant tell it apart from other cats. A true car guy will, thats the “metric” that maters to me.

Users who are viewing this thread