Demon 170

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member

The 60-foot time is just 1.2 seconds. From a standstill, 60 mph is reached in a mere 1.66 seconds. The quarter miles flashes by in 8.91 seconds at 151.17 mph.

First-ever 1,025-horsepower HEMI engine from the factory

Putting 1,025 horsepower to the ground — from the factory, no less — isn’t easy. The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon 170 delivers on the strength of upgrades to almost every primary engine power component (only the camshaft is untouched) of the 6.2-liter high-output supercharged HEMI engine.

• 2023 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon 170 reaches 60 mph in just 1.66 seconds and delivers the highest G-force acceleration of any production car at 2.004 gs
  • Dodge Challenger SRT Demon 170 delivers 1,025 total horsepower at 6,500 rpm and 945 Ib.-ft. of torque at 4,200 rpm on E85 ethanol blend
  • Demon 170 produces 900 horsepower and 810 lb.-ft. of torque on E10
  • Dodge Challenger SRT Demon 170, the seventh and final Dodge “Last Call” special-edition vehicle, is history’s first-ever eight-second factory muscle car
  • Challenger SRT Demon 170 runs the quarter-mile in an NHRA-certified 8.91 seconds at 151.17 mph
  • Producing full performance at the drag strip results in the Challenger SRT Demon 170 receiving an NHRA violation letter “ban” for running a sub-nine-second quarter-mile without a safety cage and parachute
  • Red keys only for the Challenger SRT Demon 170 — horsepower output is determined by the percentage of ethanol detected in the fuel
  • Extensive component upgrades/features critical to harnessing the 1,025 horsepower include:
    • Modified 3.0-liter supercharger features a larger snout with 105mm throttle body and 3.02-inch pulley
    • All-new driveline includes HIP (Hot Isostatic Pressing) processed housings, larger 240mm ring and pinion, pressure cast new case and new mountings, rear axle housing is 53% stronger with new geometry rear differential housing and featuring Direct Connection logo, larger rear cover-mount fasteners, increased case depth and more
    • Rear prop shaft 30% stronger than original Demon and stronger half shafts designed with larger inner-connecting spline and revised heat treatment
    • 315/50R17 Mickey Thompson ET Street R drag radials — never offered before on a production car — critical to vehicle performance, deliver extra tractive force
    • Patent-pending TransBrake 2.0 includes torque-shaping capability, a technology used in competitive drag racing with easier driver interaction to dial-in preset torque limits
    • Unique Drag Mode suspension provides maximum forward drive and custom race settings for drag calibrations
    • First-ever factory production car built with staggered drag radial tires and fender flares
    • Revised rear suspension for an increased contact patch
  • Primary engine power components are completely upgraded — camshaft is the only significant part untouched
  • High-flow fuel rail and injectors are capable of providing 164 gallons of fuel per hour, more than the average U.S. shower head
  • Features including optional Lacks Enterprises industry-exclusive two-piece lightweight carbon-fiber wheels help Challenger SRT Demon 170 realize weight savings of 157 pounds in comparison to Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody
  • Removal of front flares generates a weight savings of 16 pounds
  • Air-Grabber hood and Air Catcher headlights maximize air intake flow; Air-Grabber hood bezel laser etched with “Alcohol Injected” logo
  • Innovative SRT Power Chiller, a purpose-built production car first for the original Demon, diverts the air conditioning system to cool the supercharger intercooler for optimal air intake temperature
  • Drive Modes, including an updated Drag Mode, and performance pages provide customizable settings for transmission, suspension, steering and more
  • Challenger SRT Demon 170 will be available in 14 exterior color options and carries a unique reworking of the original Demon badge featuring a 170-neck tattoo and new E85 representative yellow Demon’s eye
  • Interior adds a yellow and red serialized Demon instrument panel badge with four interior choices, including standard lightweight cloth with driver seat only, optional full cloth interior, premium Black Nappa leather and Alcantara or Demonic Red Laguna leather
  • One-of-a-kind owner content includes a commemorative Demon decanter set with personalized and serialized owner information and an available customized Goodwool car shell
  • Challenger SRT Demon 170 personalization options through Direct Connection will include harness bar with coordinating lightweight carbon-fiber rear seat delete inserts
  • 2023 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon 170 production will be limited to at most 3,300 units, with 3,000 for the U.S. market and 300 for Canada, and with final total based on production capacity
  • Challenger SRT Demon 170 will be available at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $96,666 (excluding destination and fees)

Last edited:

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
It's like watching the ultimate warrior wrestle into his 40s at this point.

170-neck tattoo

Air-Grabber hood bezel laser etched with “Alcohol Injected” logo

corny as shit.

the debates as to why it never hits its numbers in the real world will be fun tho

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
It's like watching the ultimate warrior wrestle into his 40s at this point.

corny as shit.

the debates as to why it never hits its numbers in the real world will be fun tho

Like Fleury said: It'll be fun and give the crowd a show!

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Is this going to be like the original Demon and they publish one hero run that nobody can every reproduce stock to get clicks and press? Don't get me wrong I give Dodge props for making the thing, but I have a feeling not many people will be able to reproduce those times. Still, it should be a solid low/mid 9 second car that can run that time repeatedly, so that is truly impressive.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Is this going to be like the original Demon and they publish one hero run that nobody can every reproduce stock to get clicks and press? Don't get me wrong I give Dodge props for making the thing, but I have a feeling not many people will be able to reproduce those times. Still, it should be a solid low/mid 9 second car that can run that time repeatedly, so that is truly impressive.

True dat. Also none will ever see the track because iTs a CoLleCtiBle

_Snake_

Established Member

The new number to beat is 8.9 (@ 151 mph).

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
1679406440806.png

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Sick. They ****ed up with the half flared look….. Also, something about it, doesnt hit a good as the Demon did. Never the less, ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Zemedici

Established Member

Lot of folks have gotten close, but also 100% of these guys aren’t Leah Pritchett (refuse to believe she married Tony ****ing Stewart…..so she’ll always be Pritchett to me) in mine shaft air lolol

Good chunk of these guys are 250+ lbs with minimal drag racing experience. Just comical to me

Users who are viewing this thread