Demolition Derby -- 03 Cobra Wins!!

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Last Thursday on the way back to work from buying some more horsepower, I managed to bang an older (mid-90's) Ford Explorer from the back. :bash:

Absolutely my fault. No further details necessary ... :loser:

Knocked the crap out of the Explorer.
All I could think was :
1. My toy is trashed
2. Saturday Beach Cruise is toast, can't show up with bashed frontend.
3. I will be spending mo money on the Cobra, but not for more horsepower.

I followed the kindly person to the nearest parking lot and
winced as I saw the damage to the back of the Explorer, which it turns out had a heavy-duty towing bumper rig (but no hitch ball!). There were no unusual noises as I followed him.

Did not even look at my car. Did the dreaded discussions and limped slowly home to dig into the damage, listening and trying to detect any problems. Finally looked at the Cobra at home. After rubbing on the bumper a little bit, it has two spots where paint is chipped. Bigger than a pinhead but smaller than a tack head. Crawling around underneath, see nothing out of place.
The bill for the Explorer was a little over $1,000, which seems low considering how badly the backend was creamed.

Congratulations to the designers of the Mustang frontend, but considering what that Explorer looked like, there was some serious luck on this one. The cruise was very nice.

JW (newly reformed safe driver) ;-)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Dang James. U couldnt of shared more stories with us when we were all together ;-)

I didnt even notice any thing wrong with ur car. Nothing at all :beer:
Well as long as the insurance companies dont have to get involved, its for the best.

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
luck has something to do with it...along with me polishing it for a while.......and who says teenage drivers are unsafe.....j/k!!!

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
ahahahahaa...he will do no such thing, otherwise he will get a mega beatdown!!!!!!!!!!!! j/k, just kidding dad, no real demo derby though

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow. You were very fortunate. I would have expected some heavy damage to your car.
:eek:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Wow. You were very fortunate. I would have expected some heavy damage to your car.
:eek:

I really didnt notice any thing :shrug:

So yup he gots away just fine.... or till the bumper falls of in a week. J/K.

StreetSnake

Established Member
For future reference if you have a friend in parts at a ford dealership you can get a new bumber (cover) for 268 dollars (unpainted of course) but thats the price for kissing the Island at a Mobil station, catch them just right and all kinds of shit breaks.:beer:

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
I slammed a Camry last winter, did the same thing, didn't look at my car only concern at the time was damage to the other car. After I got home I couldn't see any damage to my car, I was amazed. After a good wash I did notice some scratches but nothing I would bother getting repaired. I thought for sure the front bumper cover would have been cracked.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
I remain amazed at the luck. Sounds like my bumper is a standard issue battering ram.
It's good to know about the replacement bumper. Under close inspection my vert is beginning to look like the daily driver it is. Don't like that --- and plan to turn it around with some cleanup -- maybe after a few more trips out to the strips and down the track. The roads around the dragstrips out here, being rural, as well as the return lanes, seem to have a lot of crap being thrown on the car.
JW

Users who are viewing this thread