Deer hunting in a Shelby anyone??

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
The opening scene from the movie "I am Legend" is Will Smith driving a Red Shelby GT500 through the deserted streets of New York, hunting deer with his german shepherd and a high-powered rifle. Aweome!

Other than that, the movie was just all right. Predictability and inconsistency at every turn. I definitely could've waited until it came out on DVD...

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Just saw it with my wife and son. We all liked it just fine. Not in my top 10, but good none the less.....

Phantom

El Jeffe 302
Established Member
:shrug:
The opening scene from the movie "I am Legend" is Will Smith driving a Red Shelby GT500 through the deserted streets of New York, hunting deer with his german shepherd and a high-powered rifle. Aweome!

Other than that, the movie was just all right. Predictability and inconsistency at every turn. I definitely could've waited until it came out on DVD...

My wife and I were going to see this, but now thinking of waiting for DVD. :shrug:

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member

You should have went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. :coolman:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I was planning on seeing it because E! made a big deal of the Shelby. But unless the 500's in a chase scene like in Bullitt, I'll wait for the DVD, I guess.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
I was planning on seeing it because E! made a big deal of the Shelby. But unless the 500's in a chase scene like in Bullitt, I'll wait for the DVD, I guess.

Nah, 3 or 4 minutes of chasing deer, then you never see it again. :shrug:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Sound's like the pre-production '64 'Stang had more screen time in "Goldfinger"

And I hear Ford is looking for the Mach 1 that was used in "Diamonds Are Forever".
Anyone have a Red '71 Mach?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Yeah, I had mixed feelings about the movie, but everyone I went with liked it a lot. I thought that scene with the GT500 was the best in the movie. Man that thing sounded good. Thought they would edit out the blower whine or something, but nope. Sounded like it had a decent exhaust tool.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Going to see it in DLP at Bowtie Cinemas here in the Annapolis Mall at 12:40 today :beer:

Rainy, dreary, messy day... Perfect time for the movies

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Makes deer hunting look so easy.

Not really, since he never got one the whole movie. He had a damn assault rifle, I figured he would just fire off a clip and pick up whatever he hit. Was he doing it for fun? Seems like he had plenty of food in the house.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Not really, since he never got one the whole movie. He had a damn assault rifle, I figured he would just fire off a clip and pick up whatever he hit. Was he doing it for fun? Seems like he had plenty of food in the house.

meat. remember how he made a big deal out of the bacon? and how he was feeding the dog rice and veggies.

i thought it was a great movie. not the best, but definitely entertaining and worth the money. it kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. i thought the GT500 scene rocked, just sorry not to see it again after that.

Thanks for giving away that part of the movie. I still haven't seen it.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
meat. remember how he made a big deal out of the bacon? and how he was feeding the dog rice and veggies.

Thats what I figured cuz of the bacon. That was funny.

And I didn't give anything away. Not shooting anything doesn't have anything to do with the plot.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Well, just got back from seeing it.

Without giving away anything, I thought it was a good movie. As others have said, it's definitely not making my top 10, but good and worth the price of admission. I will say that the ending was quite frustrating to me though...

The GT500 scene was sweet and I loved hearing the blower whine :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread