• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Deep State Going down per Patrick Byrne

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Great Asp, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Great Asp

Great Asp Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

2. CV355

CV355 CHC Forevah Established Member

"We are deeply saddened by Patrick Byrne's impending suicide. Bill and I extend our deepest condolences to his family. We heard that instead of flowers, Patrick would want donations to the Clinton Foundation made in his name" - Hillary Clinton

Lambeau, scott9050, me32 and 8 others like this.
  3. black4vcobra

black4vcobra Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

Wouldn't this be amazing. It would be interesting to see just how deep the rabbit hole goes. I wouldn't be shocked if ANY wealthy and/or politically connected person was involved in sex trafficking, heavy drug use, money laundering, tax evasion, etc.

4. Klaus

Klaus Premium Member Premium Member Established Member

Patrick Byrne is a capital "R" retard. I remember his idiocy back when short sellers were murdering his shitty company. He blathered on about the Illuminati and the sith lord being responsible (WTF this means), and lo and behold the short sellers were right and his company is a POS. I seem to recall him rolling out a crypto coin or ICO, as well. How he is not in jail for security law violations is beyond me.

Great Asp likes this.
  5. Blk04L

Blk04L . . . Premium Member Established Member

Right...

Been hearing how Trump will uncover the deep state for 2+ years now.

Mostly silence outside of crackpot websites.

me32, Deceptive and Klaus like this.
  6. SolarYellow

SolarYellow Sensei Premium Member Established Member

Just be glad you haven't found out, first hand, about the Sith Lord. Very glad....

Conspiracy sells these days. Alaska Triangle is on the travel channel tonight.

Klaus likes this.
  7. Blown 89

Blown 89 Well-Known Member Established Member

I'll believe it when I see it

Deceptive likes this.
  8. Great Asp

Good insight, I have never heard of this guy before, I guess we will find out if he is accurate or a blowhard :p

Based on the reading I've done, Comey and other in the DOJ are dirty with regards to the FISA warrants. I hate the idea of people within the government, that are either in some sort of cabal, or in one party or the other party getting a walk. The rest of us get the book tossed at us for breaking the law.

Lady Justice....come on baby!

E

Klaus likes this.
  9. Sinister04L

Sinister04L RIP Kane Established Member

We all know the super wealthy, politicians, "special interest groups," etc have tons of skeletons in their closets. They have the money and the pull to keep them there usually.

DSG2003Mach1 likes this.
  10. buffalosoldier

buffalosoldier Well-Known Member Established Member

A wise man said, behind every great fortune there is usually a great crime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

11. Great Asp

Thursday afternoon-evening we will get information on the Horowitz investigation.

E

12. DSG2003Mach1

DSG2003Mach1 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

and if they do come out they get nothing more than a slap on the wrist

13. Great Asp

I really hope you are wrong. I would hate to have to build a bunker.

E

14. Klaus

Go figure, shareholders do not like it when the retard CEO says retarded shit

Overstock Sell-Off Reaches 36% After CEO’s ‘Deep State’ Comment
    By
    Jeran Wittenstein
    August 14, 2019, 12:41 PM CDT
    Overstock.com Inc. shares fell for a third day Wednesday as investors reacted to statements by Chief Executive Officer Patrick Byrne that he was a part of federal investigations related to the 2016 election.

The e-commerce company has lost a third of its value in the two days since releasing a statement by Byrne titled “Overstock.com CEO Comments on Deep State” and referring to federal investigators as “the Men in Black.” The stock fell another 23% on Wednesday, bringing its slide to 36% since Monday, the biggest two-day slump in more than 11 years.

Byrne’s statement addressed stories published on a little-known news website and referenced investigations relating to the Clintons and Russian interference in the U.S. elections, political espionage and the rule of law.

“I will speak no more on the subject,” Byrne wrote in the statement. “Instead, having lived in places lacking Rule of Law and having witnessed the consequences of its absence, I plan on sitting back and watching the United States Department of Justice re-establish Rule of Law in our country.”

Star Trek character in announcing her promotion, and has signed communiques to holders with “your humble servant.” He likened Overstock’s cryptocurrency ambitions to Jonas Salk’s polio vaccine and joked on last week’s conference call about loaning office space to the SEC amid an investigation into the company’s tZero push, comments which briefly sent the shares tumbling.

Read More: Overstock’s Byrne Has Blockchain Fever. The SEC Has Questions

“What you have here is a highly controversial CEO and another example of something that’s controversial,” D.A. Davidson analyst Tom Forte said in an interview. He has a buy rating on the stock. “There are times like right now where that has a negative impact on the performance of the stock.”

800x-1.jpg
    Overstock had been riding high after investors cheered the company’s second-quarter earnings report on Thursday that revealed a narrower-than-expected loss on an adjusted Ebitda basis. The stock closed the week at the highest levels since October. Now, the two-day slide has erased more than a month of gains.

“The frustrating part is that the legacy home e-commerce business has returned to positive cash flow,” said Forte, one of two Wall Street analysts covering the company. “The two assets -- e-commerce and blockchain -- are incredibly well positioned.”

Representatives for Overstock didn’t respond to a voicemail message or e-mail seeking comment on Wednesday.

15. Weather Man

Weather Man Persistance Is A Bitch Premium Member Established Member

Yowser, looked at that stock on my Ameritrade account, what a pig. Day traders dream though.

16. thomas91169

thomas91169 # of bans = 5203 Established Member

Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise?

17. Great Asp

Saw this today and LOL'd and thought of you (in a manly non-sexual way).

I'm leaning towards "blow-hard"...LOL

E

Klaus likes this.
  18. Stanley

Stanley Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

Is it time to buy yet?

19. Klaus

? I have not looked into the business at all to see if it is below fair value, but quality management is important to me and Byrne is a grifter and a con man.

20. Klaus

What a schmuck. It turns out he was banging that gross Russian chick that infiltrated the NRA. His idiotic deep state ramblings were an attempt to cover it up.

Patrick Byrne’s Overstock Exit Came After Admission He Romanced Russian
    By
    Jeran Wittenstein
    August 22, 2019, 11:42 AM CDT Updated on August 22, 2019, 2:24 PM CDT

Patrick M. Byrne at an Overstock warehouse in Salt Lake City, Utah on April 29, 2010. Photographer: George Frey/Bloomberg
    Patrick Byrne finally gave his critics the flameout they’ve been predicting for years.

In a 1,600-word email statement in which he vowed to disappear “for some time,” Byrne, 56, resigned as chief executive officer and board member of Overstock.com, the online retailer he’s led for 20 years.

In a series of public announcements the last two weeks, the flamboyant entrepreneur cited entanglements with the “deep state” that included cooperating with law enforcement agents he called “Men in Black” with their “Clinton Investigation” and “Russia Investigation.” Byrne said he’d been romantically involved with Maria Butina, a Russian operative jailed for failing to register as a foreign agent. When it came to explaining how these confessions fit together, and why they forced his resignation, Byrne has proved less than coherent.

“While I believe that I did what was necessary for the good of the country, for the good of the firm, I am in the sad position of having to sever ties with Overstock,” Byrne wrote in the Thursday statement.

800x-1.jpg
    Patrick Byrne

Byrne’s bizarre comments -- contained in today’s statement, in an Aug. 12 release and a New York Times interview published Aug. 15 -- come as little surprise to followers of his career. After all, this is the e-tail impresario and cryptocurrency and blockchain evangelist who espoused grassy-knoll theories about Wall Street and the evil -- and unnamed -- “Sith Lord” hedge fund manager who conspired to take him down.

He likened Overstock’s crypto ambitions to Jonas Salk’s polio vaccine and joked on a conference call in recent weeks about loaning office space to the Securities and Exchange Commission amid an investigation into the company’s tZero blockchain push.

Byrne has talked about the dark underbelly of Wall Street, been spoofed in the tabloids with UFOs hovering over his head and accused journalists of performing sex for access. He launched Overstock in 1999 as a sort of Internet garage sale.

His departure takes effect Thursday. He’ll be succeeded by director Jonathan Johnson on an interim basis. Johnson has been with the company for nearly 17 years and recently served as president of Overstock’s blockchain business, Medici Ventures.

Confused Investors
    Passages in Byrne’s Aug. 14 release bewildered investors and left some wondering about his stability. The statement quoted Byrne as saying the probes were “less about law enforcement and more about political espionage.” He elaborated in the Times interview, saying he went public this month because of concern about the U.S. government’s prosecution of Butina, who is serving an 18-month prison sentence.

shares surged as much as 18% to $22.95 in New York Thursday after being halted for the announcement. They later pared gains to 9.3%. Before rallying, shares were down 22% since the company published his statement on Aug. 12.

Stock catalyst
    “This is a tremendous catalyst for the stock,” said D.A. Davidson’s Tom Forte, one of two Wall Street analysts covering Overstock. “I think the latest controversy was one too many.”

Overstock has been considering selling its online retail business and Byrne’s departure will probably accelerate that process, according to Forte, who is bullish on Overstock.

“I think his legacy will be the shareholder value created on the blockchain investments,” he said. “He saw the writing on the wall early on.”

For all his weird, inspired and ill-considered pronouncements, Byrne was done in not by something he said, but by his relationship with a Russian operative. How long he remains out of the public eye is one more mystery in his volatile life story.

— With assistance by Bob Ivry

Attached Files: