Deep Dish 03 Cobra Wheel size poll...Please vote...

What size do you want to see the 03 Cobra deep dish wheels made? Select 2 sizes.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
Are 18's available and are they 10, 10.5 or 11 in wide also how about price on the set.

CobraO4

Tuned by HBH
Established Member
Ok, by no means the best picture I ever took - but it should give the basic idea!
1026comboc.jpg

OK JBO.... Nice pics!!!

What is actually in stock and available for shipping today. 17", 18" how wide, what finish, what price... and contact information.

Just let me know what you got for shipping today.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Well guys I just called wheel replicas and placed my order with Greg for qty 2 17*10.5 chromie deep dishes! Shipping today will have them tomorrow, since I am in Dallas.

Anyway, all they have available (to answer all the questions) are the 17" wheels in 9 and 10.5 width, machined finish and chrome.

I have been requested to send pics to wheel replicas after the install later this week....stay tuned!

BTW: $ 175.00 each for the deep dishes, I did not ask for pricing on the 17*9s

Last edited:

GA Terminator

Established Member
well guys i just called wheel replicas and placed my order with greg for qty 2 17*10.5 chromie deep dishes! Shipping today will have them tomorrow, since i am in dallas.

Anyway, all they have available (to answer all the questions) are the 17" wheels in 9 and 10.5 width, machined finish and chrome.

I have been requested to send pics to wheel replicas after the install later this week....stay tuned!

Btw: $ 175.00 each for the deep dishes

any info on 18's ????

SpectorV

Established Member
how ever it is that the 18x10 fr500s wheels fit, they fit perfectly on the 03/04 cobra... and thats how the deep dish 03 cobras need to fit. They should offer 10 inch wide rims as well not 10.5, do 10 and and 11

MikeSop

Established Member
Was it free shipping?

Whats the most popular 315/35/17 tire to run?? I currently have Cooper Zeon 2XS 275/40/17 - they've lasted about 12k and still have some tread life

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 - I'd like to put these all the way around. 275 front stock wheel, 315 rear on the deep dish.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
now THOSE are lookin' good!

much more similar to a factory 03 cobra wheel than was the first design

nice to see these are finally becoming available :thumbup:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Hi,

These should bolt up with no problems. They are 17x10.5 with a +20mm offset, instead of the +27mm that you may be use to.
So:
6.54 Backspace
4.96 Frontside.

Those with 17x11 wheels are probably running 7 inch backspace and 5 inch frontsides (mounting pad to outer lip) -- and yes the 7 + 5 = 12 inches, bead to bead is 11, flange (front and rear) is 1 inch. American Racing use to do the XR Lemans wheel in forged years ago with this.

ok i hate to sound like a wet blanket on this because i think they really look terrific, esp in the machine finish

but i have a technical mind when it comes to measurements:

the stock wheel/tire barely clear the stock irs bolt at full droop, maybe .5 inch play

the stock wheel has a 6.12 inch backspace

i was under the impression that to remain fully irs compliant the new design woudl have to maintain a maximum of 6.12 inch backspace

so with a 6.54 inch backspace are we sure that this 10.5 wheel, with say a 315/35/17 tire, is going to fully clear the irs bolt at full droop?

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I asked that question when I ordered. Grag said these were designed for the Cobra's IRS and could be run with a 315 tire without a spacer. Give him a call at Wheels Replicas and have him explain it to you because he could probably explain it better than me.
1-888-449-4335 Hope this helps

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
ok i hate to sound like a wet blanket on this because i think they really look terrific, esp in the machine finish

but i have a technical mind when it comes to measurements:

the stock wheel/tire barely clear the stock irs bolt at full droop, maybe .5 inch play

the stock wheel has a 6.12 inch backspace

i was under the impression that to remain fully irs compliant the new design woudl have to maintain a maximum of 6.12 inch backspace

so with a 6.54 inch backspace are we sure that this 10.5 wheel, with say a 315/35/17 tire, is going to fully clear the irs bolt at full droop?
I think you are thinking of the regular replica 10.5's. (What a lot of people are running) They have a 6.8 inch backspacing and are very close so this would leave about another 1/4 inch or so of room.

They should fit perfect.

Erik should have his wheels today so he can chime in with the actual measurements between the two.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
wheels are out for delivery. should have them at 5 or 6 pm. will post pics, will try to get measurements as well (time permitting)

Users who are viewing this thread