Deep Dish 03 Cobra Wheel size poll...Please vote...

What size do you want to see the 03 Cobra deep dish wheels made? Select 2 sizes.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Why do so many people want 17s?

Also, have they indicated any sort of ETA for these? Please keep them LIGHT :pepper:

birch

Go 'Eers!
Established Member
TroyV said:
I think they shouldn't bother to make a 17x9 or 18x9.. They already exist.. Just make the deep dish rears.. 17x10.5 and 18x10 to 10.5 This way both the 17 and 18" crowds can get their rears.. Doing the fronts in a deep dish configuration may mean that no one running Brembos or equivalent large brakes will be able to fit them..

x1 meellllion

WDW MKR

Established Member
TroyV said:
I think they shouldn't bother to make a 17x9 or 18x9.. They already exist.. Just make the deep dish rears.. 17x10.5 and 18x10 to 10.5 This way both the 17 and 18" crowds can get their rears.. Doing the fronts in a deep dish configuration may mean that no one running Brembos or equivalent large brakes will be able to fit them..

You can't do that. A deep dish rear with absoutely no lip on the front is going to look terrible. I think this was already discussed earlier in the thread. If you look at existing deep dish wheel offerings, you'll notice the front wheel always has a bit of a step to better match aesthetically. Running a flush-faced center section like the stock Cobra wheels would look very out of place.

04MC

Established Member
Make whatever size fits with a custom decent size lip, but please don't make the rear lip a lot bigger than the front will look like crap !!!

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:

Also, have they indicated any sort of ETA for these? Please keep them LIGHT :pepper:

cuz they're cheap bastards ;-) (wrt to tires that is)

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
4OCIUS4V said:
Why not change it up and say 18x9 / 18x11 but also offer a 19x11

Jeremy

Because that is not one of the sizes the manufacturer is looking at making. They said 2 sizes to start, and the 17" and 18" sizes make the most sense. If they prove to be popular, I imagine they will look at other size options.

UrHookUp

Vette Killer
Established Member
I will order two sets of 18x9 & 18x11 or 18x10.5
I have two cars for them.
Need to be Chrome.

VoodooSNK

Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:

Some people like to run DR's and the 18's only have a couple choices. Also on the 18's you have less sidewall to work with which only makes traction worse :burnout:

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
Has this wheel manufacturer mentioned what color of wheels they are considering in this too? I would figure chrome would have to be in there, maybe machined or whatever. Any word on that?

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
04MC said:
Any news?

The rep from the manufacturer has the links to the threads / polls i posted on a few sites. I am positive he is following this closely, and reading your questions and suggestions. I doubt he will reply as his company is not a vendor here.

When I hear anything, I will let you all know :)

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread