NE Philly
Established Member
CaliperBuff006.gif

CaliperBuff005.gif

CaliperBuff013.gif

8gtoklr

Established Member
BAER 6P :
**pad availability & selection (99-04 Vette based )
**can use stock rotors
**fits under 17' wheel
** price.

Downside?

Last edited:

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
BAER 6P :
**can use stock rotors
**fits under 17' wheel
** price.

Downside?

Nothing negative to report. The install was very straightforward. Baer provided various size shims to get a very precise centering of the caliper, over the rotor. These brakes are full of stop, just amazing.

Last edited:

8gtoklr

Established Member
Nothing negative to report. The install was very straightforward. Baer provided various size shims to get a very precise centering of the caliper, over the rotor. These brakes are full of stop, just amazing.

Oh sorry. I was for the 6P cause i have them and I was staing the benefits. sorry man

oldmodman

Established Member
I am currently using the 2000R calipers with Bruce's 13 inch two piece rotors and hats. For the rear stock caliper with Bruce's 13 inch kit and two piece rotor and hat.

I went with the 13 inch since I was sticking with the 17 wheel size. If you have or are going to get 18 inch or larger wheels I would definitely get the 14 inch rotors. A test was done many years ago between 13 & 14 inch on the same car and the 14 inch ran appx 400 degrees cooler at the hardest braking points on the track
The difference was 500 degrees with the 14 inch and 880 degrees with the 13 inch. And that is an enormous difference.
Think how much closer to heat fade you are with the smaller rotors.
I am getting away with the smaller rotors since I went with 2 piece and I am running brake cooling ducts.
Plus, I am just not that fast:shrug:

gabe1530

Banned
BAER 6P :
**can use stock rotors
**fits under 17' wheel
** price.

Downside?

not being able to remove pads from the top like other high end big brake kits. thats the only thing i can think of and it isnt even that big of a deal.

Todd TCE

Established Member
To be clear: that's not a Wilwood kit. It's an aftermarket kit built using Wilwood calipers.

Doesn't make it a 'bad' kit, only that 1. Wilwood does not make one piece rotor kits. 2. Wilwood kits for the Mustang are not FSL caliper shod four pots, only six piston formula. 3. The FSL takes up far more space behind a wheel due to the 20mm thick pads than factory kits. 4. If you have any "issues" with it..don't call Wilwood bitchin' about things and looking for tech support. 5. The price point is based upon the combo of these parts and not a valid comparison to true Wilwood product. (which is not necessarily a lot more money)

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
I got the 14" StopTech kit..surprised no one mentioned this...so far I love it...fit is tight behind my 18" SSR's

Schlangenbisse

Established Member
I have FTBR FT9490 coming in the mail tomorrow! I can't wait to test them out! I was so sick of brake fade from just doing a few WOT pulls.

Wade_GT

Established Member
Finally got the new front gear on.. haven't gotten to brake REALLY hard yet, but I can already tell I'm going to enjoy these Porterfield pads :banana:

stoptech+1.JPG

stoptech+2.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread