Decided to keep it!

mufullname

Established Member
I have posted a several post in reference to an 04 Cobra I recently bought. My last post I mentioned putting it up for sale. After feeling crappy about car after finding some kind of possibly leak sealer in radiator and wrenching within the first week of buying it I was frustrated. However, after driving it a little I remembered why I wanted one, they are fun! I know I will have to wrench in the future as with all older cars but it is worth it. I am going to assume whatever the sealer sealed will probably become unsealed sooner or later unless it was for the radiator. If it was not the radiator hopefully it was for head gasket which will not be such a big thing. We will see. It is running great now. Nothing wrong with it. It will not be my daily driver so hopefully it stays that way. I am sure in the future I will be posting for advise lol. Thanks guys!!

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Good to hear you got past the bad and now seeing the good. Congrats on keeping an awesome car!

mufullname

Established Member
Awesome! I've had my cobra for 9 years this April. No plans on ever selling mine.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Thanks. Eventhough I worry that that possible sealer that was put in it was for the block. Eventhough plenty of people told me if it is a sealer it was probably for head gasket. If it is the block what could he done since they do not make them anymore. I am going to drive it and enjoy it if the day comes that that sealer leaks I will deal with it because I really like the car.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks. Eventhough I worry that that possible sealer that was put in it was for the block. Eventhough plenty of people told me if it is a sealer it was probably for head gasket. If it is the block what could he done since they do not make them anymore. I am going to drive it and enjoy it if the day comes that that sealer leaks I will deal with it because I really like the car.
You mean the block? There has to be used blocks out there. People build motors all the time. Or buy a stronger aftermarket one if that day ever comes.

mufullname

Established Member
You mean the block? There has to be used blocks out there. People build motors all the time. Or but a stronger aftermarket one if that day ever comes.

Bd that is what I would assume. Hopefully it never comes to that. I know they can sleeve and repair blocks but that is really thinking the worst lol. Changing subject, I went to a recent car meet and I was parked next to 30k 40k cars and my 15k Cobra was getting tons of attention lol. It was the only Cobra there.

MG0h3

Established Member
Op I wish I was closer to help you out.

These are extremely strong and resilient engines. A cracked block is typically from power and rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

mufullname

Established Member
Op I wish I was closer to help you out.

These are extremely strong and resilient engines. A cracked block is typically from power and rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Yeah that is what everyone tells me. I am sure it is fine. It runs amazing. Like I said no smoke no misfire no check engine no heating up oil clean coolant clean amd no leaks. Thanks MG.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Bd that is what I would assume. Hopefully it never comes to that. I know they can sleeve and repair blocks but that is really thinking the worst lol. Changing subject, I went to a recent car meet and I was parked next to 30k 40k cars and my 15k Cobra was getting tons of attention lol. It was the only Cobra there.
Get used to it. I go to Cars and Coffee a lot around here. Theres usually some high end stuff there. And theres always 2 or 3 people lingering around my car.

Users who are viewing this thread