Debating on wheter exhaust is worth it on 2013 Boss 302.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Are you doing this for sound, performance or perhaps both? Stock midpipe, removed plates and GT500 axlebacks sound perfect without being too loud or 'smelly'

Once you go catless/no plates you will get fumes in the cabin and that takes some getting used to but on the bright side you will get some power increase (assuming you get a tune as well).

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
I put 7/8" restrictor plates in to keep the volume/smell down on my longtube/offroad H/tubular side pipes. It might not be quite as bad on stock manifolds/offroad H/stock side pipes.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
The gas smell is not that bad. Unless the boss is that far different from the GT. You can smell it pretty well with the windows down. Windows up and I never smelled it. Properly sealed exhaust and I wouldn't see the side pipes changing that.

Even then, some of us, me included, like that smell.
smile.gif

Only thing that has me concerned is the drone from the side pipes with out cats. They drone very mildly without restrictor plates only. I'd imagine catless they are a nightmare.

Looking at QTP cutouts to solve that for my long highway drives and nighttime driving. Still being able to open them for around town or to make that ricer who pulls up with the tin can pipe cry.
biggrinflip.gif

Posted via Topify using Android

Last edited:

RangerDLA

Established Member
I has anyone ran stock exhaust with baffles removed with offroad h pipe? And if so does it sound any good?

I have cat deletes, stock H-pipe with GT500 mufflers and it sounds absolutely sick. It's very loud, but that's how I want it. IMHO, you can't go wrong.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
I has anyone ran stock exhaust with baffles removed with offroad h pipe? And if so does it sound any good?

I have cat deletes, stock H-pipe with GT500 mufflers and it sounds absolutely sick. It's very loud, but that's how I want it. IMHO, you can't go wrong.

Does the side pipes drone worse than with cats and no restrictor plates?

Posted via Topify using Android

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
It drones quite a lot with the baffles removed and still has cats.

That isn't drone...lol. That is like baby pretend drone. If you think that is drone, should have been in my GT when I had O/R X and Roush axle backs. The drone was so bad you couldn't hear yourself scream.

OrangeCompete

Roadrunner
Established Member
I will say that Roush axle-backs without baffles after almost 30K miles (installed around 8K) are wicked cackling beasts. They only get better with time.

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
anytime you remove the catalyst it will be loud, even running the stock mufflers you will pickup some noise... I tried it and all it did was make that noise right out side the door, the one in my left ear, even more annoying than before...

Users who are viewing this thread