Dear Momma Ford please resurrect an all motor BOSS "9"

Pale Snake

Established Member
Greetings all,

As I know from past history FOMOCO routinely checks forums for input going back to 2000. With that being said please resurrect an ALL MOTOR BOSS "9" with high compression cams final drive gearing and suspension to absolutely SLAY on the drag strip. Yours truly a Ford Loyal customer since 1977. Give em something to cry about Momma Ford!

Snake

Last edited:

Recon

Established Member
giphy.gif

I figure that if Ford could get away with it; they wouldn’t even have a V8 option, for the mustang. With all the ecoboost crap they’ve been pushing for the last several years.

Pick your poison.

Pale Snake

Established Member
We'll for the record they said the same about the 4valve forged internal factory supercharged Cobra in 03/04, so fingers crossed. Here's to the genuine gearheads lol

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Well, much like the Cadillac Blackwing being their swan song to ICE, it would be killer for Ford to do at least one version of a nasty NA Godzilla as a tribute to one of the sweet 427/428/429 (or even 460) big motors of the past. The 7.3 Godzilla is about 445” I believe so somewhere between the 7.0 427” and 7.5 460” is definitely possible.
Ford if watching already knows it’ll sell but they’re committed hard to electric performance,
-J

Pale Snake

Established Member
Well, much like the Cadillac Blackwing being their swan song to ICE, it would be killer for Ford to do at least one version of a nasty NA Godzilla as a tribute to one of the sweet 427/428/429 (or even 460) big motors of the past. The 7.3 Godzilla is about 445” I believe so somewhere between the 7.0 427” and 7.5 460” is definitely possible.
Ford if watching already knows it’ll sell but they’re committed hard to electric performance,
-J
Exactly, I respect technology and thats where its going for sure, but one last uppercut to the competition would be fantastic esp without forced induction

Pale Snake

Established Member
P.S. please make sure it has a massive hoodscoop that could capture small flying animals in.
(install a screen to keep PETA happy too , lol)

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
@Pale Snake Contact Jon Kaase. My pops has a 800+hp, aluminum block, 600ci Boss'9 coming in from them in about 2 months. Definitely easier than expecting Ford to do something similar!
I priced it out and I could’ve built a similar monster Kasse Boss 9 instead of a Holbrook Coyote but I wanted boosted high rpm.
For staying NA, no replacement for displacement! And the sound!
-J

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
That would be right at home in an S-197.
It's going in his 69 Mustang convertible. We've been working on this car for years, I actually learned how to wrench on cars with this when he bought it when I was 7. When done I'm sure it'll be one of the nicest 69 convertibles around. Not a crazy flashy show car, trying to build it as if Ford built a factory Boss 429 convertible, except for better trans, suspension, brakes, cleaner wiring, and twice the power. I'll post up some pics once the motor is in.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I priced it out and I could’ve built a similar monster Kasse Boss 9 instead of a Holbrook Coyote but I wanted boosted high rpm.
For staying NA, no replacement for displacement! And the sound!
-J
Haha, the motor certainly isn't cheap! There's an indefinite delay on the Ford iron block we were going to use, so gave us one of their aluminum blocks so we didn't have any delays. Now displacement plus a little less weight! They sent us a video of a car local to them with the same motor set up. It sounded amazing! A guy at the shop that will be installing the motor has a 70 Mach 1 with a Kaase Boss'9, but it's just 445ci with a mild cam. I think he was like 575hp.

Users who are viewing this thread