Dear Anti-Evolutionists: Human & Bonobo Genomes Differ By 1.3%

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
About 3 weeks ago, a research project led by the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology published scientific results demonstrating that the genome of humans differs from that of bonobos and chimpanzees by a mere 1.3%. Here is the source article:

June 13, 2012Bonobo Genome Completed: The Final Great Ape to Be Sequenced
The comparison of the genome sequences of bonobo, chimpanzee, and human show that humans differ by approximately 1.3% from both bonobo and chimpanzee. Chimpanzees and bonobos are more closely related, differing by only 0.4%.

For those of you who do not accept evolutionary theory, I would like to ask what this recent development means to you, if anything at all. Also, if we were intelligently designed, why did the designer start with the bonobo genome and change so little to create our genome? And if the designer created us in its own image, why again is our genome so similar to that of bonobos?

:shrug:

65fastback2+2

Established Member
its amazing how it can only differ by 1.3% and yet we're VASTLY different. We even know its wrong to rape someone underage, we can spell our name, we can build nuclear weapons. And yet this dumb ape, 1.3% away, cant barely do anything.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
65fastback2+2 said:
And yet this dumb ape, 1.3% away, cant barely do anything.
They can do more than you think. At 1.3% away, they can only be so dumb if we are to consider ourselves intelligent.

July 2012Apes With Apps
Using tablets and customized keyboards, bonobos can become great communicators.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
its amazing how it can only differ by 1.3% and yet we're VASTLY different. We even know its wrong to rape someone underage, we can spell our name, we can build nuclear weapons. And yet this dumb ape, 1.3% away, cant barely do anything.

that 1.3% is probably the most important 1.3%.

We really are just higher level primates.

You should watch some of Neil DeGrassi Tyson's lectures on how BIG of an impact that little tiny difference is. Imagine if we meet another species thats a mere 1% above us. They likely would have the ability to mold matter with pure thought alone.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
if we evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

if you look around at everything that surrounds us and thinks its all an accident, i don't know what to tell you.

you don't just take a crank, cams, pistons, rods, rings, bearings, heads, intake manifolds ect. put them in a box, shake it around and BAM a modular pops out. it is assembled, with wisdom and insight for a purpose.

the facts of how EXACT our universe is, our planet it all points to an intelligent creator. our genome maybe "only" 1.3% different but as creation we are VASTLY different. apes don't look at their surroundings and wonder. they don't "think". yes the are smart, but even compared to a little child they pale in comparison.

61mmstang94

Established Member

if you look around at everything that surrounds us and thinks its all an accident, i don't know what to tell you.

you don't just take a crank, cams, pistons, rods, rings, bearings, heads, intake manifolds ect. put them in a box, shake it around and BAM a modular pops out. it is assembled, with wisdom and insight for a purpose.

the facts of how EXACT our universe is, our planet it all points to an intelligent creator. our genome maybe "only" 1.3% different but as creation we are VASTLY different. apes don't look at their surroundings and wonder. they don't "think". yes the are smart, but even compared to a little child they pale in comparison.
:lol:

I hope you're not being serious with the whole engine example and saying primates don't think. If so, then you have no business insulting the intelligence of said primate.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member

We didn't evolve from apes. We share a common ancestor with them.

Also, the universe being "exact" is entirely subjective and I disagree. It's a completely chaotic environment spanning trillions upon trillions of miles. Even with the lowest possible odds, the events that brought upon the existence of Earth and the life living in it was bound to happen at some point. I mean it did take a few billion years.

Last edited:

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
:lol:

I hope you're not being serious with the whole engine example and saying primates don't think. If so, then you have no business insulting the intelligence of said primate.

thats not what i said at all. the engine example is more related t the big bang theory.

Do apes wonder about the purpose of life? do they imagine, wonder, pray, look for answers. no. they have thinking abilities, but not much BEYOND basic problem solving.

you can teach certain breeds of dogs amazing things, animals are smart but in comparison with humanity its not even close.

you can teach a 5 year old child multiple languages. SOME apes can learn basic sign language.

im not here to change anyones view, imho if you disregard the thought of a creator i feel bad for you.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

We share common ancestry. Were not a direct descandent from a single species of ape.

Why would I think this is an accident? I look around and see millions of years of progress, nothing accidental about that.

You act as if vehicles were ALWAYS built the way we do now.

Someone over time had to figure out the best combination of parts at their disposal to get the best results.

Look back and see how just the internal combustion engine itself was started and evolved. Hell, it used to be steam that moved a piston that pushed down on a rod that moved a crankshaft that turned the wheels.

Then look back at every other component that we use today and how it was back in the early 1900's.

Mercedes-Benz_the_first_automobile_in_the_world_01.jpg

The first automobile in the world.

2009-bugatti-164-veyron-fbg-par-hermes-full-view.jpg

Todays automobile.

Yeah, the Bugatti Veyron didnt just pop out of a box one day after being shaken. Its a result of YEARS of change, research, development; evolution.

Your intelligent creater is dumb as shit then, theres nothing intelligent about anything, especially humans.

We are seriously 1% away from dumb as rock apes, but that 1% gives us those abilities to look at our surroundings and think the way we do.

Last edited:

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
HEMI LOL said:

Evolutionary theory does not predict that a species will die out if one of its members happens to change.

HEMI LOL said:

Evolution is the non-random selection of randomly varying replicators.

HEMI LOL said:
the facts of how EXACT our universe is, our planet it all points to an intelligent creator

We live on a constant knife edge of geological and cosmological disaster.

HEMI LOL said:
apes don't look at their surroundings and wonder. they don't "think". yes the are smart, but even compared to a little child they pale in comparison.

Chimpanzees routinely destroy college students in short-term memory contests.

7.62x51

Established Member
Evolutionists see these similarities and use them to support their Theory of Evolution (which has never been proven as fact, BTW). I see these similarities as evidence of a common designer. We could spin this all day long.

What started the big bang? What came before? What initiated it? Where does our moral compass come from?

Even the world leader of the Atheist Religion (Richard Dawkins) is on record saying that we were probably planted here through 'some sort' of intelligent design. Most atheists playing 'follow the leader' do not know this.

What is also interesting is that many of the world's leading scientists won't even say with certainty that there is no God, (yet all of their followers are absolutely sure of it).

Neil degrasse Tyson, for example - as anti-religious as he is - does not rule out the possibility of a higher power. Also it should be noted that 40% of 'productive' scientists believe in a personal God. Furthermore, most of the world's population believe in some sort of God, including a vast majority of Americans.

So - to say that you just don't know is one thing - but to say with absolute certainty that there is no possible way God could exist is pure ignorance.

Last edited:

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
as a real answer....He created us as such so that it would confuse people like you.

He did a good job. There are billions of confused people out there.

is that not one in the same?:dw:

We didnt evolve from the apes you see today. Thats like saying that apes evolved from humans. We both evolved from a primate that lived long long time ago. There is a ton of evidence for this.

Children and the higher thinking primates are VERY comparable in mental capacity.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Uh if we came from monkeys or apes why are they still around lmao

Because the ones we evolved from are extinct? How many sub-species of hominidae are there? What are the main categories of hominidae?

Users who are viewing this thread