Dear 2 wheel Folks

97snakebite

Established Member
Today I got to see what it looks like when a motorcycle collides with a vehicle. It wasn't pleasant. Im thankful CA has a helmet law. I guarantee ole' boy would not be live if there was no law. Please if your state has no helmet law still wear a helmet while riding one...that is all...carry on

FJohnny

Established Member
I'm not sure this is the same thing but when your wife's best friend asks for a ride on the back of your bike weird stuff can happen. At exactly 5000 rpm steady cruising speed (4cyl. inline configuration, doesn't work with V engines) she clutches you and presses her boobs firmly into your back. Then she fidgets and wriggles around and makes odd noises.

This happens every time and a helmet doesn't help the situation in the least. Since we have helmet laws here we have to wear them but I guess I would like to have the option to experiment a little with no helmet from time to time. Or maybe some other helmet altogether. You know...just to see for the sake of science .

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
I'm not sure this is the same thing but when your wife's best friend asks for a ride on the back of your bike weird stuff can happen. At exactly 5000 rpm steady cruising speed (4cyl. inline configuration, doesn't work with V engines) she clutches you and presses her boobs firmly into your back.

This happens every time and a helmet doesn't help the situation in the least. Since we have helmet laws here we wear them but I guess I would like to have the option to experiment a little with no helmet from time to time.

Illinois is one of the few states left without a helmet law, so I've had the opportunity to try both ways. Riding without a helmet is much more enjoyable, IMHO, as long as you're not on the highway. But, obviously, it's ****ing stupid, too.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Today I got to see what it looks like when a motorcycle collides with a vehicle. It wasn't pleasant. Im thankful CA has a helmet law. I guarantee ole' boy would not be live if there was no law. Please if your state has no helmet law still wear a helmet while riding one...that is all...carry on
Kommiefornia bike riders are the rudest assholes ever. Can't think of a single state where I have encountered more idiots on bikes than that state

phillycobra99

Established Member
Illinois is one of the few states left without a helmet law, so I've had the opportunity to try both ways. Riding without a helmet is much more enjoyable, IMHO, as long as you're not on the highway. But, obviously, it's ****ing stupid, too.

PA as well, and I agree it's much better without one but I try to behave most of the time by wearing it.

nxhappy

Established Member
CA drivers are the worst idiots in the world. Dumb ass hoes, looking down at their phone, causing more accidents than drunk drivers. I sold my street bike, even though I'm a die hard rider, I'm not going to risk it anymore. It's not the riders, it's the cagers killing people. And the cell phones.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
CA drivers are the worst idiots in the world. Dumb ass hoes, looking down at their phone, causing more accidents than drunk drivers. I sold my street bike, even though I'm a die hard rider, I'm not going to risk it anymore. It's not the riders, it's the cagers killing people. And the cell phones.
while it might be "the cagers" from personal experience the bikers are just as much as fault as anyone else. the stupid is strong in that entire state and the bikers there are no exception, altho you may be.

nxhappy

Established Member
while it might be "the cagers" from personal experience the bikers are just as much as fault as anyone else. the stupid is strong in that entire state and the bikers there are no exception, altho you may be.

don't talk that horse shit unless you live here. I have respect for my friends who are riders.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
don't talk that horse shit unless you live here. I have respect for my friends who are riders.
I lived there for 6 months drove the 5 every damn day to work Pendleton to miramar for over half that time. you and your friends may be different but my experience down there says otherwise for everyone else. bike riders have no lock on safe driving. bike riders and "cagers" both have their idiots on the road. and in my experience there bike riders in kali are bigger assholes than the ones in Texas

Blown 89

Established Member
Every biker I see is doing 40 over the speed limit, lane splitting, weaving in and out of lanes with ba inches to spare, and accelerating like John Force from every light. It's not the cagers. If it was we'd be hitting them every day too.

People that ride bikes are almost all universally idiots. You're in control of your own destiny.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
The last few times I drove through Chicago on I-90 I was surprised at how many riders I observed using the shoulders and splitting lanes.
Most of them were doing 15-30 mph above the flow of traffic and appeared to not give two shits about any road rules.

Zemedici

Established Member
Every biker I see is doing 40 over the speed limit, lane splitting, weaving in and out of lanes with ba inches to spare, and accelerating like John Force from every light. It's not the cagers. If it was we'd be hitting them every day too.

People that ride bikes are almost all universally idiots. You're in control of your own destiny.

Generalization of the year. My old lady and i ride our new R1s weekly and don’t do any of the things you’re referring to. Don’t let a few bad apples ruin your perception of apples all together, nahmean? There’s squids, but there’s also guys that ride with some sense.

And cagers crash into each other at a higher rate than motorcycles. So cagers DO crash into each other all the time, lololol

In riders defense, I’ve never seen one texting ;)

Last edited:

CV355

_
Established Member

I hear that all the time, and I agree. "Stupid cagers." Yeah, drivers can be real idiots, especially with a phone in their hand. But then you watch videos of CA squid lane-splitters going 80mph between cars and then bitch when some idiot does something stupid and causes them to crash. Pot meet kettle, right?

I grew up around motorcycles- both parents rode. My mother nearly had an aneurysm when I got my first motorcycle, but my father was "quietly supportive." They had always criticized other riders on the road - especially the geniuses that ride side-by-side. Bikes should expect and be given as much space as a car when on the road.

My mother crashed twice, helmet saved her life big time on the second one- lowsided and hit a curb head-first. We had a friend of the family get hit head-on by a distracted driver in 2003- helmet saved his life for sure. Another friend of the family got hit while stopped at a light- hit so hard that his Goldwing went THROUGH the windshield of a pickup truck and the rider wound up in the cab. Gear is your friend. At minimum, I go out with a helmet, gloves, long pants, and full shoes/boots. If it's under 90 outside, full jacket. Not sorry if this offends anyone, but anyone riding a motorcycle with flip-flips should have their insurance bumped by 10,000%. A guy at work is an EMT, and he has told me stories of what people's legs look like after they crash a bike while wearing flip-flops. Yes, legs. Sometimes there are no feet left.

Coiled03

Established Member
I don't really care how the riders are riding. At least they're not starting into their ****ing phones when they should be looking at the road.

99% of car, motorcycle accidents are on cagers. Just listen to them after the accident. They almost invariably say, "I never saw him". Yeah, because you weren't ****ing paying attention.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I don't really care how the riders are riding. At least they're not starting into their ****ing phones when they should be looking at the road.

99% of car, motorcycle accidents are on cagers. Just listen to them after the accident. They almost invariably say, "I never saw him". Yeah, because you weren't ****ing paying attention.
This is a problem for sure. And I am not saying that ALL bikers are bad. I AM saying that the ones in kali are the worst I have seen. I also hate the displayed attitude that everything is the fault of "cagers". Because clearly it's not based on observed behavior. There is enough blame for everyone

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

FJohnny

Established Member
When I had a bike I have to admit to driving it like an idiot on more occasions than I should have. Had I lived in California I would have been an A-hole ALL the time. It's just the truth and I think everyone else would do the same.

So, going to have to agree with RDJ on this one.

Blown 89

Established Member
Generalization of the year. My old lady and i ride our new R1s weekly and don’t do any of the things you’re referring to. Don’t let a few bad apples ruin your perception of apples all together, nahmean? There’s squids, but there’s also guys that ride with some sense.

And cagers crash into each other at a higher rate than motorcycles. So cagers DO crash into each other all the time, lololol

In riders defense, I’ve never seen one texting ;)
If it were a case of a few bad apples I wouldn't make that generalization. When I see ONE, just one rider, doing the press limit I'll change my post.

I'm not trying to be a dick. It's that I literally don't ever see a bike rider that isn't a complete menace. I worked for the city of Phoenix when they contacted a firm to study motorcycle accidents and the numbers pointing directly at speed and wreckless driving were staggering. A greatgmany reat motorcyclists love to play the victim though

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
there are plenty that ride with some sense. just not in kommiefornia from what I have seen. And admittedly I have not seen them all
this is true
In riders defense, I’ve never seen one texting ;).
this is also true, but I have seen them stand their bikes on the back wheel in traffic, block traffic so they can do stupid tricks, lane split doing well over not only the speed of traffic but exceeding the speed limit itself. I have seen them get pissed because I wouldn't drive off into the grass in order to give them room to lane split. and all of this is, at a minimum, equal to texting.

Users who are viewing this thread