Dealers with Allocation Left @ MSRP

zr1gerhardt

You can't outrun ugly!
Established Member
Any Dealer out there with an allocation left willing to do MSRP? Or if anyone knows any left, please post a message on here.

I am getting a little frustrated with the situation. Love the car, but it is not worth $80k plus. Just not in my opinion. I don't feel like contacting another 20 plus dealers in hopes of finding a deal that is worth it. :shrug: What to do?

Scott

bull3441

Established Member
Any Dealer out there with an allocation left willing to do MSRP? Or if anyone knows any left, please post a message on here.

I am getting a little frustrated with the situation. Love the car, but it is not worth $80k plus. Just not in my opinion. I don't feel like contacting another 20 plus dealers in hopes of finding a deal that is worth it. :shrug: What to do?

Scott
Just wait for the mad rush to end. There will be cars sitting on lots, no doubt.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I feel your pain, I don't want a 55k Boss or a 80k GT 500. If I could have found a dealer at msrp for a Boss, I would have jumped on it. Now I am waiting to see what the new Mustang looks like before pulling the trigger on either a 2013 or a 2014(15).

zr1gerhardt

You can't outrun ugly!
Established Member
Just wait for the mad rush to end. There will be cars sitting on lots, no doubt.

I thought that at first, but I am getting a little concerned that Ford/SVT and the dealerships are not communicating with each other and/or the public. I have had several dealerships that would have ordered a car for me at less than MSRP if they could. They said that they have sent in orders past their allocation number and had them rejected. They don't want to waste their time on it anymore.

That certainly does not support Ford/SVT's statement that they will make as many as ordered.

Scott

zr1gerhardt

You can't outrun ugly!
Established Member
I feel your pain, I don't want a 55k Boss or a 80k GT 500. If I could have found a dealer at msrp for a Boss, I would have jumped on it. Now I am waiting to see what the new Mustang looks like before pulling the trigger on either a 2013 or a 2014(15).

It is certainly making me rethink the possibility of getting a cts-v. Might not have the performance as the GT500, but it is very respectable and has a luxury feeling the GT500 does not. Not to mention, I can get one without being bent over a desk.

Scott

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
I thought that at first, but I am getting a little concerned that Ford/SVT and the dealerships are not communicating with each other and/or the public. I have had several dealerships that would have ordered a car for me at less than MSRP if they could. They said that they have sent in orders past their allocation number and had them rejected. They don't want to waste their time on it anymore.

That certainly does not support Ford/SVT's statement that they will make as many as ordered.

Scott

I have also called several dealers all over the country who have said they would gladly take my order but FORD will not any one got the link to where FORD will build as many as they can sell..... Some dealers have put in requests and FORD has said no..... prices were not over msrp either they just wanted to be able to provide a car?

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member

Scott

Boss cars are made in limited numbers. GT500s are not. Ford has communicated this. Dealers may not be staying informed. Ford may not take additional customer orders until allocations are filled. After initial allocations are filled find a dealer that likes to make money.

BlownAway03

Established Member
Has it been this difficult to get previous GT500 models. I visited the Ford dealer I used to work for today. They had 2 allocations which are both sold. We got far more than that a few years back. Is there something slowing production or some other variable I'm unaware of? All the "they will build as many as they can sell" comments are seeming very optimistic right now.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Initially- with any highly anticipated car, there is alot of BS to sift through to get one for yourself.

You are going to have to call those 20+ dealers- if you really want it

farmboy90

Established Member
Those looking for a Boss at MSRP, can start here.

Buying, Leasing & Ordering - Boss 302 Forum

There are always dealers advertising their cars on there, at MSRP or lower.

I need to check my local dealer on the GT500. If they have an allocation, they will sell at MSRP or lower.

They won't. I tried. They said they aren't getting one and there is a huge waiting list in case they do get one. John said they had many people in line in case they do get one.

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
Allocations are out, and I reckon they are all but gone. Some dealers pre-sold their units like us, some ordered for stock and watch the ADM meter go wild when the cars
hit the showroom. Many folks who are now looking are a bit " late to the dance" ..
and pickings are much slimmer

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
They won't. I tried. They said they aren't getting one and there is a huge waiting list in case they do get one. John said they had many people in line in case they do get one.

Thats cool. I'm glad you called. Last year they didn't get a GT500 allocation until later in the year.

I would check on a Boss, but I'm not ready for anything until the beginning of the year. I'm not going to waste Johns time until I am closer.

Klinsmann18

The Hoss
Established Member
I know where an allocation is in MD. PM me and I will provide info. I cannot speak to whether they will do MSRP, but as of yesterday they had still not even ordered their 1 allocation. If you are 100% a buyer, give them a shot and offer MSRP and see how it goes. Doubt they will go below that, so don't try.

Marc

Established Member
I have talked to 4 dealers and 3 our of the 4 sold their one or two cars they go in. And 3 of the 4 sold for $10K over MSRP. I only found one guy that would sell me one at MSRP.

Users who are viewing this thread