Dealers still trying to fetch a premium on new GTs??

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
Went to a dealer today in CC and they had a GT that wasn't even loaded, with Auto and IUP, $32,995.... :eek:

03LGCOBRA

Established Member
stagger said:
Went to a dealer today in CC and they had a GT that wasn't even loaded, with Auto and IUP, $32,995.... :eek:

That is insane. The dealership that we order (mistake) my brothers GT from was going to charge us a mark. My dad talked them out of it and will get it at sticker if it ever gets here. We ordered it in Jan, they said six weeks. It was build on March 4th and the dealership doesn't know where to hell the car is, and are not trying to hard to find it.

On another note. This same dealership got a new GT Vert in. It was the light blue with a black interior, but no options. They wanted 7500 over MSRP and wouldn't let people test drive it. My girlfriends parents go to test drive it, show up in a 360 Ferrari Spyder and they still won't let them test drive it.

Then they went to Stevens Creek, they let them test drive a vert, had the same color combo with every option, except Shaker 1000, and asked for no mark up. They picked it up today.

69hahaha

Established Member
How about this one, right next to the Ford dealer I work at, a Chrysler dealer has a USED 05 GT, black, non-premium, tan cloth and the Bullitt style rims and w/o spoiler. Not sure of the trans though. Ready?.......$31,990!

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
One went at manheim in PA on friday for more then 5000 over MSRP, at an AUCTION :uh oh:

Dealers are doing it and getting it, its just the way it goes sometimes. Mini Coopers, 350z's, PT cruisers, T-birds, GTO's and SSR's(for about 2 sales before the rebates started), new Vettes, Prius, Honda hybrid civics, toyota minivans, new Honda Odessys, VW Beetles, Sti's, just about any German hot-rod, and about 500 other cars went through the same exact process over the years. Whats new about Mustangs?

If you have GT's on order, you may want to check up on them, there has been a few memos about some of the earlier orders NEVER getting filled.

WILDTHANG

In The Rear View Mirror
Established Member
Dealer Mark Ups

Ya, The ones I have been seeing are asking 7-10K over MSRP fro a premium GT. I said screw it and ordered mine back in December on a Xplan. I figured it is worth the wait to pick up a premiun GT for 23,600. I got a build date of 3-21, so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. The closest I could get to that price was still another 5k OTD. And 5 Gs will buy some nice mods.

03LGCOBRA - Where do you have your car on order at?

Croco X

SVT Fanboy
Established Member
I'm planning on buying an '05 Mustang GT once I get going with this job my aunt has all but guaranteed me at the MGM Grand Detroit...she deals blackjack there and I'm planning on dealing there as well. But if what I hear is true and they do try to jack me up for any markups, then eff that, I'm gonna look for me a lightly used '04 Cobra...or something that's hot and can handle Michigan winters.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
shit, we are doing msrp. no markups, only the stage 1 roush gt.
btw looks pretty good i think.

and blowing out the v6.

Users who are viewing this thread