Dealers offering below invoice?

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
So I’d like to hear @13COBRA weigh in but, from what I know, your dealer if they are guaranteed an allocation this year, can only place your order to the highest customer retail priority (Priority 10).
Then the dealer regional rep will assign or pull these orders weekly and then you’ll get a VIN and build week.
At this point, even tho my order has been a priority 10 it’s been in material hold since ever.
So now all I can do is wait.
The only way you’ll get a May build (last I heard this past Thursday gave out 5/24 build weeks) is if your order is picked up this week. @Snoopy49 may weigh in here.
Can your dealer tell you if your order is in material hold?
-J

My order will go in this week. June build would actually be better for delivery late June or early July.

Breitling

Established Member
At this point, even tho my order has been a priority 10 it’s been in material hold since ever.

-J
I'm in the same boat. Order placed on 11/16/21, still sitting in "unscheduled/material hold". I'm a priority 10 too. Meanwhile, I keep seeing tons of guys getting VINs and build weeks/days assigned. Really hoping to get a VIN and build week soon.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So I’d like to hear @13COBRA weigh in but, from what I know, your dealer if they are guaranteed an allocation this year, can only place your order to the highest customer retail priority (Priority 10).
Then the dealer regional rep will assign or pull these orders weekly and then you’ll get a VIN and build week.
The only way you’ll get a May build (last I heard this past Thursday gave out 5/24 build weeks) is if your order is picked up this week. @Snoopy49 may weigh in here.
Can your dealer tell you if your order is in material hold?
-J

Well...the registration fee is $2,000, not $3,000....

Each dealer gets 1, if they sign up. Additional allocation will go off of previous years sales.

Material Hold just means it's waiting for Ford to pull the order from that region.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Well...the registration fee is $2,000, not $3,000....

Each dealer gets 1, if they sign up. Additional allocation will go off of previous years sales.

Material Hold just means it's waiting for Ford to pull the order from that region.
Thanks, I will raise this issue with the dealer.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks, I will raise this issue with the dealer.

1648488421747.png

Tank5879

Established Member
Maybe @13COBRA can help with explaining the concept of priority codes. I see them being discussed here, there and everywhere. If I understand it properly, priority codes are more designed for when you have many orders for a single vehicle line, such as F150s..where there needs to be some way of keeping them all organized/prioritized and includes customer orders and stock orders. On something like a GT500, if the dealer gets one car, does priority code matter? I've seen posts where people have a priority 19, and people say "you need to call your dealer and change it to a ten" etc. Is it correct to say, it doesn't matter what it is, when it's pulled for production by the region it will turn to a Priority 1? Thanks

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Maybe @13COBRA can help with explaining the concept of priority codes. I see them being discussed here, there and everywhere. If I understand it properly, priority codes are more designed for when you have many orders for a single vehicle line, such as F150s..where there needs to be some way of keeping them all organized/prioritized and includes customer orders and stock orders. On something like a GT500, if the dealer gets one car, does priority code matter? I've seen posts where people have a priority 19, and people say "you need to call your dealer and change it to a ten" etc. Is it correct to say, it doesn't matter what it is, when it's pulled for production by the region it will turn to a Priority 1? Thanks

Would love to answer.

Stock orders receive a priority code of 20-99. 20 being the 'highest' priority able to be assigned to a stock order. 99 priority code means it is in the system, but will NOT get scheduled.

Retail orders receive a priority code of 10-19, with 10 being the highest priority.

If a dealer only has 1 vehicle in the order system, whether it's a 10 or a 19 doesn't really matter as far as that dealership goes...however if every other dealer in the zone has 10s, then the 19 will get pushed to the back of the line because it's perceived that it's not as high of a priority.

With that said, with all of the parts shortages...Ford has done a pretty decent job of scheduling what can be scheduled, regardless of priority code.

Rule of thumb...if you're ordering a vehicle, you want the lower priority code possible.

Users who are viewing this thread