Dealers offering below invoice?

BCPD199

Established Member
Not likely in the current market. I just traded in my 2020 w/ 10k miles and got $4k over msrp from the dealer, it's currently listed for $10k over.
Amazing what two months does. I was looking to trade my '21 CFTP (vinyl stripes) for a base model. Two dealers in Florida offered me 10-12k under sticker (85-87k) while they both wanted 20k over and wouldn't budge off of it.
Unless a dealer gets an unexpected or bonus allocation towards the end in the 22MY build, it’s unlikely any would sell for under MSRP.
And that's where I sit. Great relationship with my dealer, CFTP for sticker in '21. BUT, that was my year for a bite of the apple. '22, other good customers got their shot at the two allocations they had. Hoping for an extra one; but, not looking good. First time in my life I'd be wiling to pay an ADM for one.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Amazing what two months does. I was looking to trade my '21 CFTP (vinyl stripes) for a base model. Two dealers in Florida offered me 10-12k under sticker (85-87k) while they both wanted 20k over and wouldn't budge off of it.

And that's where I sit. Great relationship with my dealer, CFTP for sticker in '21. BUT, that was my year for a bite of the apple. '22, other good customers got their shot at the two allocations they had. Hoping for an extra one; but, not looking good. First time in my life I'd be wiling to pay an ADM for one.

Why not keep your 2021?

BCPD199

Established Member
Why not keep your 2021?
Proably should of; but, I drive my cars. Close to the beach with some light/small gravel/sand. Worried about the C'F wheels. Plus my driveway blows trying to get in plus after open heart surgery, I wouldn't mind the extra 3/4 of an inch higher ride height.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Proably should of; but, I drive my cars. Close to the beach with some light/small gravel/sand. Worried about the C'F wheels. Plus my driveway blows trying to get in plus after open heart surgery, I wouldn't mind the extra 3/4 of an inch higher ride height.

Shoot me the VIN and miles, I'll put a number on it.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
@BCPD199: Why not pick up another set of rims, and sell your CF wheels. You can have a set of wheels and make 15~17k selling the CF wheels. That way you can keep your 21 and enjoy the build you wanted.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@BCPD199: Why not pick up another set of rims, and sell your CF wheels. You can have a set of wheels and make 15~17k selling the CF wheels. That way you can keep your 21 and enjoy the build you wanted.
$15-17k is a deal, for someone that specifically wants them.

Most people wanting to drop that kind of coin would buy some forged wheels.

BCPD199

Established Member
Gross. ADMs have ruined these cars. Everytime I see one all I can think of is the goof that got bent over buying it. Hopefully we are witnessing the end and of the stealership.
Ain't that the truth! I've got a great dealership from sales to service. They only sell these cars to repeat customers and at MSRP. Unfortunately, they don't have a '22 allocation for me.

I found a base at Ford of Port Richey. Salesman emails me a price of 126k. 44k over sticker. Offers me 90k on my 1,000 mile '21 CFTP. He seemed surprised when I said I'll pass.

I then find the car on autotrader for 94,496k. Click on the link to their dealership site and again says $94,496 with a red banner stating "Recent Price Drop! Reduced by $32,504 since 02/23/22. Thinking now they're only 12k over, maybe we can make a deal somewhere in the middle. I was wrong!

I call and get a different salesman who quotes me $116,000 and can't explain the discrepency from their advetised price with the price drop.

Long story short, I sent an email to Jim Farley, Elena Ford - Chief Customer Experience Officer and Brad Brownell - Director of Customer Experience. Don't expect it to go anywhere; but, who knows.

1FASFKR

Established Member
Gross. ADMs have ruined these cars. Everytime I see one all I can think of is the goof that got bent over buying it. Hopefully we are witnessing the end and of the stealership.

Don't be too quick to make that judgement. There are more than a few that paid MSRP out there and more than a few of us that have MSRP deals pending on 2022 GT500's. In fact this will be my 3rd Shelby and I've never paid a sucker tax.

TFStang

Established Member
Would love CFTP Heritage car. Going to quadruple my efforts to see if I can land one. Love that color on this car!

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
My Bronco Raptor order fell through due to the goings on with shortages and the dealer being lower volume. I'm getting MSRP +their Ford program fee of 3K on a GT500. My dealer is antsy to get the order in. Looks like they're scheduling production for May. So the car would be produced and arrive in June just like my 2014. Not looking forward to ridiculous Colorado registration fees but just feeling lucky to get one given everything going on.

As with the last generation this is not one to be missed. All the mags have generous praise for this car, a car well under 100K that runs with Porsches, McLarens, and Ferraris and can be modded to around 900-rwhp for under 5K. Watching the C&D 2013 GT500 video at VIR and watching the 2020 video at VIR is night and day. The base car would have been 10+ seconds a lap faster and the CFTP is 16 seconds a lap faster. Plus beating the C8 Z51 by over a second for the base GT500 is damn impressive.

They're not making them like this much longer and life is short. I don't care what a 1K horsepower electric car might do in the future it will NEVER replace the sound of a good 'ol American V8.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
My Bronco Raptor order fell through due to the goings on with shortages and the dealer being lower volume. I'm getting MSRP +their Ford program fee of 3K on a GT500. My dealer is antsy to get the order in. Looks like they're scheduling production for May. So the car would be produced and arrive in June just like my 2014. Not looking forward to ridiculous Colorado registration fees but just feeling lucky to get one given everything going on.

As with the last generation this is not one to be missed. All the mags have generous praise for this car, a car well under 100K that runs with Porsches, McLarens, and Ferraris and can be modded to around 900-rwhp for under 5K. Watching the C&D 2013 GT500 video at VIR and watching the 2020 video at VIR is night and day. The base car would have been 10+ seconds a lap faster and the CFTP is 16 seconds a lap faster. Plus beating the C8 Z51 by over a second for the base GT500 is damn impressive.

They're not making them like this much longer and life is short. I don't care what a 1K horsepower electric car might do in the future it will NEVER replace the sound of a good 'ol American V8.
So I’d like to hear @13COBRA weigh in but, from what I know, your dealer if they are guaranteed an allocation this year, can only place your order to the highest customer retail priority (Priority 10).
Then the dealer regional rep will assign or pull these orders weekly and then you’ll get a VIN and build week.
At this point, even tho my order has been a priority 10 it’s been in material hold since ever.
So now all I can do is wait.
The only way you’ll get a May build (last I heard this past Thursday gave out 5/24 build weeks) is if your order is picked up this week. @Snoopy49 may weigh in here.
Can your dealer tell you if your order is in material hold?
-J

Users who are viewing this thread