Dealer Paint Protection

07 GT/CS

Established Member
My 2014 has arrived at the dealer. I went to the dealer yesterday to check it out. I did not want to bring it home, the weather in WI sucks. I am going to bring it home next week. The dealer asked me if I wanted to have the "paint protection" put on my car. He said it would cost $375 to put paint protection on the car. Can someone explain what is this "paint protection" and any possible benefits to have it put on?

Thanks,

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
Paint protection eh.... :bored:

Yeah they are trying to take you for a ride. Decline the dealer scam.

Invest some time and money into polishing and waxing your shelby. It will bring you closer to your car. :beer:

BAS

Established Member
Search "Ceramic Pro". I have it on my car. When it rains, my car washes itself

There are good products out there: wax isn't always the answer

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
Worked part time at a dealer back when I was in college. The "paint protection" and "sealant" as they called it was me hand washing the car and spraying "rain-X" on all the windows. I would spray the interior down with a can of "scotch guard" as well. True story.

Kapy

Established Member
My 2014 has arrived at the dealer. I went to the dealer yesterday to check it out. I did not want to bring it home, the weather in WI sucks. I am going to bring it home next week. The dealer asked me if I wanted to have the "paint protection" put on my car. He said it would cost $375 to put paint protection on the car. Can someone explain what is this "paint protection" and any possible benefits to have it put on?

Thanks,

Get a bottle of Mequiars Ultimate Polish and then after that finish it off with their Ultimate Wax.

Deny the paint protection. It is just another wallet flush item.

NightKids

Established Member
First, Congrats on your new car! What color?
If this is just a wax then its not worth it. I've heard it goes away after year or so.
How about a 3m clear film all around.

07 GT/CS

Established Member
First, Congrats on your new car! What color?
If this is just a wax then its not worth it. I've heard it goes away after year or so.
How about a 3m clear film all around.

The car is black.

I am going to deny the paint protection. I can buy a lot of car care stuff for $375.

Thanks for all the replies.

Zeroescence

Established Member
Look into Zaino. Best stuff on the market and for half of the $375 you will be set for awhile. Make sure to clay bar her before applying any wax product.

carguy19

Established Member
The ceramic paint protection systems that dealers sell are very high quality and last 2-3 years at a time with free re applications generally. It fills in the high and low spots on the paint with a strong ceramic agent.

IF the dealer is not using a ceramic product with a guarantee then you should probably pass, but the real deal paint protection products are of high quality and work better then any wax or sealer.

If the products were good enough for us to use at the ferrari dealer I worked for, Im sure they are good enough for our mustangs. We applied it to every new ferrari.

Users who are viewing this thread