DDM Tuning HIDs...How-to

beastmar

Established Member
I have the 6k hid's in my car now and they are a little blue for my taste. I think the next time I decide to change the bulbs ill got to 5000.

04GTMustang

Established Member
yep, H10 6k 35W :beer:

Good stuff... One of my VVME kit ballasts for my fogs acted up so I'm gonna sell the bulbs and one of the ballasts. I'm gonna get the 5000K HID 35w kit so they match my headlights I guess. I got the hi/low beam 5000k 35W kit from DDM and its awesome. Also did the high beams with fog lights on mod :rolling:

Jefe

Established Member
Have a pic of yours next to stock Cobra lights? Curious if theres any blue in them at all...

lxhatch302

Established Member
i guess i should of bought this kit instead...

i bought a new/used kit off here and theyre suppose to been a HIDguy kit with 6k bulbs 9007 and 35w ballast and they suck.....it see perfect about 20-30feet out then nothing and the high beams are worthless

red351wcobra

Established Member
I have a picture with only one HID installed you can tell a big difference between the factory bulb. I'll post it up latter when i get back home

mrose75

Established Member
Well, I sorta got mine working. First while trying to install my bulbs into the headlights I broke one:bash:. So I ordered another one. I went ahead and wired everything else up. The biggest pain has been trying to figure out where to put the ballasts. Driver's side was easy, but I had an issue on passenger side because of my lack of an in-fender air filter. But I got it in there. Then I turn my lights on, they were the High Beams, when I put it in the High Beam Position, I got my Low Beams. I flipped the wires, leaving ground the same and it works right, finally. Do the fogs always cut out when you use high beams? I'm not sure if they normally cut out, never really paid attention to that.

Lights of Speed, how hard was the install of the fogs?? Any pointers?

Last edited by a moderator:

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
I may do this. I like the clear white light and the stock lighting on the new edge cars suck IMO.

Thanks for write-up dude!

CobraMac

Established Member
Well, I sorta got mine working. First while trying to install my bulbs into the headlights I broke one:bash:. So I ordered another one. I went ahead and wired everything else up. The biggest pain has been trying to figure out where to put the ballasts. Driver's side was easy, but I had an issue on passenger side because of my lack of an in-fender air filter. But I got it in there. Then I turn my lights on, they were the High Beams, when I put it in the High Beam Position, I got my Low Beams. I flipped the wires, leaving ground the same and it works right, finally. Do the fogs always cut out when you use high beams? I'm not sure if they normally cut out, never really paid attention to that.

Lights of Speed, how hard was the install of the fogs?? Any pointers?

Good job getting it all finished!! Yahhh having no RAI made it so much easier for me...glad you got the wiring issue all sorted out as well! I don't have fogs yet so I can't answer that...maybe someone can though!

I may do this. I like the clear white light and the stock lighting on the new edge cars suck IMO.

Thanks for write-up dude!

You're very welcome!! Hope it helps out!

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Nice write up bro!

Maybe if I buy these you can install them on my car lol. Looks like a very clean install man.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Do the fogs always cut out when you use high beams? I'm not sure if they normally cut out, never really paid attention to that.
I believe it is a law for the fogs to cut off when hi beams are on. Anyway, that's the way the factory wired them.

On older Mustangs (98 and earlier for sure), the fogs would only light up with low beam headlights. There was a mod so they would light up with parking lights. I'm not sure when Ford set them up like that from the factory. It may have been 2003, but not sure.

94KBCOBRA

Established Member
ddm hid kit. 10k hi/lo headlights and fogs
hids010.jpg

todontblink

Established Member
i still need to aim mine a little better i just got the 35w 6000k and almost no blue in them very happy with them but on my harness when i plugged it into the blue plug i had white, brown and blue wires. i had to put the white wire on the bottom brown middle and blue top if your looking at it from the same side as the OP pic. when i had white on top like the OP low beams were aiming higher than the high

Nukem1040

Established Member
Bringing this one from the dead. I installed the DDM 35w 5k hi/low and the H10 fog lights. Headlights work as advertised. Fogs seemed pretty simple, but they don't turn on. I unplugged the fog light harness from the HID's, plugged in the stock fog lights and turn on immediately.
What could I have missed?

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
I just installed headlights and fog lights both 55 watt 5k from ddm. will i melt my fog lights with 55 watt???? any one have experience with this didn't think about that......

Nukem1040

Established Member
Disregard. Although the connector only has one locking side, ours is reverse polarity. I had to flip the connecter and wolla. Only crappy part is it's not clipped in. I'll have to use tape to secure them.
I tested the headlights. Hi was low, low was high. I had the two outter wires reveresed for the blue connector. Very easy kit. I just have to get 3M double sided tape and secure them up.
The 35Ws do hum with the car off, but not bad. I really don't care and you will never hear that while the car is running.

Devito, why did you get 55w for the fogs? My 35w's kick ass. Maybe return for the 35w's.

Users who are viewing this thread