DD 17x10.5 Chrome Cobra Rim pic

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Update: I spoke with the rep at the company today. He said they are looking at the engineering side, as well as working up designs in solid works. It will not be an overnight thing since they are basically doing a fresh design with these. They want them to be perfect, so they are taking their time to make sure they are perfect.

Be patient. I know this is going to happen, and I am just as anxious as the rest of you, but I am willing to wait for a superior product :)

Devo27KR

Established Member
NHRACobra said:
Follow 427Windsorman, Doug's thread. He got the ball rolling sooner than I did. AFS was the wheel manufacturing company I have been corresponding and working with. They had intentions of producing this wheel in June, but as they say "he who hesitates is lost".
Anyway, let’s get these wheels manufactured! The sooner the better!
:pepper:

Please follow this new thread.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361774

They "HAD" intentions of producing this wheel? Does this mean that they don't plan to produce it anymore?

I know 427 has gotten the ball rolling with a different manufacturer, I am just curious.

04MC

Established Member
Please tell them we want a bolt on wheel no IRS bolt mods or crap like that. They can make a custom big lip and a smaller wheel. Would be cool to see that.

Can't wait

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
Devo27KR said:
They "HAD" intentions of producing this wheel? Does this mean that they don't plan to produce it anymore?

I know 427 has gotten the ball rolling with a different manufacturer, I am just curious.

Yes, they HAD intentions of producing it sometime around June, but Doug, 427Windsorman got the ball rolling first with his company. He's in charge now. :rolling:

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
The manufacturer took some measurements, and is doing final cad renderings before ordering samples to check fit, etc. Once that is done, and everything looks good, official production will begin. Not sure of the time frame, but I am hoping to see production wheels available withing 90 days.......

That is my hope, and not anything the manufacturer told me. He has given me approximates, but I am not at liberty to discuss those. my 90 days is likely conservative though :)

$ickZ06

Established Member
427Windsorman said:
The manufacturer took some measurements, and is doing final cad renderings before ordering samples to check fit, etc. Once that is done, and everything looks good, official production will begin. Not sure of the time frame, but I am hoping to see production wheels available withing 90 days.......

That is my hope, and not anything the manufacturer told me. He has given me approximates, but I am not at liberty to discuss those. my 90 days is likely conservative though :)

Sweet!

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
I'd buy at least two 17X10.5's in chome as long as they look good and don't stick way out of the fender.. I would want the lip to be at most even with the upper fender flair.

Ken

How much is the projected price?

cobraCMDR

I Whine
Established Member
I'd like to see pictures of the actual sample rim on a cobra to get an idea of how they will look. I'm not into the old school wheels sticking out beyond the fenders thing.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
very true. just about all of the 10.5 rims out there currently are for stick axle cars.

i am in the market for 03/04 cobra style rims with the correct backspacing/offset because i do not want to run spacers.

looking to run a 315 or 335 17" tire

(that is after finding out that the abs will trip with anything more than a 26.75" od tire)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread