DC Condo For Rent!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Hey guys, my fiance and I are attempting to move out to CA for a few years and need to rent out our DC condo before we can make the commitment. If anyone knows someone who may be interested, shoot me an email at dcorn101 at gmail.com for more information or to take a tour. Thanks!

2Bd 2Bath Condo, Overtop Metro

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
You gonna come down here and grab that mattress/boxspring? They are sitting in the basement waiting...

I've also got that waterbed frame you can use if you like, otherwise that's going to salvation army or the dump.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
You gonna come down here and grab that mattress/boxspring? They are sitting in the basement waiting...

I've also got that waterbed frame you can use if you like, otherwise that's going to salvation army or the dump.

Sorry man, we decided to wait and see what is happening with our condo first. If someone rents and they don't want the place furnished, we'd be bringing the bed right back down. Same thing if we decide not to go. Haven't really had much interest in a furnished place yet, so we might not end up needing it at all. We should know for sure what's going on in the next few weeks.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Sorry man, we decided to wait and see what is happening with our condo first. If someone rents and they don't want the place furnished, we'd be bringing the bed right back down. Same thing if we decide not to go. Haven't really had much interest in a furnished place yet, so we might not end up needing it at all. We should know for sure what's going on in the next few weeks.

*sigh*, that would have been good to know before I went out and bought new stuff because Erin demanded it 3 days before I had a weeks worth of guests. Just saying. It can't stay here now though..I don't have room for it. I'll take it up with her, but it needs to get out of my basement, I'm going to be finishing that area off and don't have room to store that stuff anymore.

TonyUMD

If I hear that again...
Established Member
3k/month? Did I read that right?

location.jpg

04yellowcobra

Established Member
True that Tony! But i guess you have to like that "location". And I think you would have to pay me to live that close to Obama as I would paying visit with a high powered rifle!

All I have to say is what do you do for a living because I can't cover that on my mechanical engineering salary!!! I guess you need to be a doctor.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Not just me living here Jason. No way I could afford this place on my own. I wouldn't choose to live in DC either, but Erin already owned the place, so I moved in.

And yeah, it's pricey, but that's actually a tad less than the monthly payment. We had a few bites when it was at $3300, but they all fell through. Only way we can move to CA is if we rent this place out, so help a brother out!

As for the area, it's in a very up and coming spot in DC. Within a block of us is Target, Giant, CVS, Best Buy, Bed Bath and Beyond, DSW shoes, Starbucks, Chipotle, Dunkin Donuts, Potbelly, Five Guys, Z Burger, Cava Grill, Panera, and at least a dozen other food places. Small restaurants are blowing up everywhere around here and 14th street probably has a new restaurant or bar opening up every week. High end condo buildings going up everywhere as well. Just sayin.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
It has an assigned spot in the underground garage.

She keeps her job and they let her work from the west coast. I found a new job at another base that would be something completely different to do for a while. Just an easy chance to move across country and add a new chapter to life. We'd probably move back in a few years before we had a kid.

Not being able to rent this place is killing the dream and I'll most likely have to decline this job offer that I worked so hard to get. Sucks.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
True that Tony! But i guess you have to like that "location". And I think you would have to pay me to live that close to Obama as I would paying visit with a high powered rifle!

All I have to say is what do you do for a living because I can't cover that on my mechanical engineering salary!!! I guess you need to be a doctor.

Agreed.... Lived in Fairfax for a while due to work and school. Couldn't get out of there fast enough. Too many people and too little space. Prices are insane.... For the price I paid for a single family 4 bedroom on 5 acres out here I could barely have got a decent 2 bedroom condo in the city. :nonono:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
It has an assigned spot in the underground garage.

She keeps her job and they let her work from the west coast. I found a new job at another base that would be something completely different to do for a while. Just an easy chance to move across country and add a new chapter to life. We'd probably move back in a few years before we had a kid.

Not being able to rent this place is killing the dream and I'll most likely have to decline this job offer that I worked so hard to get. Sucks.

If it's not in the MLS, get it there asap. Also, there are a couple of military sites you can register with to advertise it, so that active duty folks getting transferred to the area can see it. Your agent can add it to most of these sites, but one or two need to be added by the owner.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Ive had great luck advertising on Military by Owner. Have a new family coming in from Georgia next month that are supposed to be here for 4 years.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Ive had great luck advertising on Military by Owner. Have a new family coming in from Georgia next month that are supposed to be here for 4 years.

We've used that site as well. My neighbors rented through there, but my current tenants came in through some other military site that our agent used. I forget which one.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
It appeared that only military families were supposed to put houses up there?

NVM, saw that it can be anyone. We'll probably try that out next. We are about a 15 minute ride to the Navy Yard metro stop and on the same line, so I'd think people working at HQ could afford our place.

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
It appeared that only military families were supposed to put houses up there?

NVM, saw that it can be anyone. We'll probably try that out next. We are about a 15 minute ride to the Navy Yard metro stop and on the same line, so I'd think people working at HQ could afford our place.

Yeah, that's supposed to be used by anyone that wants to rent to military. There are a couple of sites like that, I only did MBO though, my agent handled the others.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Been using MBO for years and have always had good luck. Many are getting orders to PCS right now so it is a good time to rent.

Users who are viewing this thread