Daytona HPDE with video

carzoor

http://www.carzoor.com
This was a really great event!!! The weather was great all weekend (about 73 degrees today!! ). I got to meet a bunch of forum members and we had a great turnout of Vettes this year. Last year there were about 4 Vettes and I was the only C6 Z06. This year there must have been at least 15 or 20 Vettes with about 8 or 10 C6Z's!!

The event was sponsored by Audi but there was a great variety of different cars including Porsches, BMW's, Ferraris, Mustangs, Ford GT's, Vipers, and quite a number of fully race-prepped cars.

My C6 Z06 is pretty much bone stock - I've got a Killer Bee intake and a tune from Jim Hall, and I put on DBA 4000 rotors (cracked one in the last session) and Hawk DTC-70 pads, and I was running Hoosiers with a nice aggressive track alignment.

Here's a video of a couple laps around the track, and that first 2:06 lap was probably my fastest of the event and around 175 was the fastest I got. The infield turns are a lot of fun (especially with the Hoosiers) and the I really like sailing through the "Bus Stop" (the chicane on the back straight), but of course the big draw at Daytona is the 31 degree banking:

BEZ06 in his C6 Z06 at Daytona

For a high HP car Daytona is a really fun place to get the most from a car like we've got!!!

Users who are viewing this thread