Datalog reading

AFLOCOBRA

Established Member
hey guys what do you think of this log for those who have experience. Seems right around 4500rpms it falls on its face due to FRP.

Dombrocj

Established Member
What changed? Can u give more context as to if this is new issue, tuning issue w new build, etc.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

AFLOCOBRA

Established Member
What changed? Can u give more context as to if this is new issue, tuning issue w new build, etc.

My apologies, long story short i bought this cobra with 3 burnt pistons due to leaning out so bad causing detonation melting the spark plugs into the cylinders. Removed the motor sent it out to get rebuilt, engine is now worn in tried getting on it and its having this issue. Car mods are as follows it has a 2.76 pulley
2# lower ring total of 16psi
Stage 8 Stegmeier port
Diablosport MAF
JLT CAI
SLP LM I
60lb injectors
" I installed a KB Boost a pump"
NGK TR6s plugs gapped .030

So im trying to understand the data its logging it looks like the FRP suddenly drops right around 4500 even with the BAP, mind you i did delete the pprv valve as well. the car is suppose to be making 500whp dyno tuned by GTR Performance in CA. Could it be possible the duty cycle is just being maxed out? The spark and voltage seems to be ok.???

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
My apologies, long story short i bought this cobra with 3 burnt pistons due to leaning out so bad causing detonation melting the spark plugs into the cylinders. Removed the motor sent it out to get rebuilt, engine is now worn in tried getting on it and its having this issue. Car mods are as follows it has a 2.76 pulley
2# lower ring total of 16psi
Stage 8 Stegmeier port
Diablosport MAF
JLT CAI
SLP LM I
60lb injectors
" I installed a KB Boost a pump"
NGK TR6s plugs gapped .030

So im trying to understand the data its logging it looks like the FRP suddenly drops right around 4500 even with the BAP, mind you i did delete the pprv valve as well. the car is suppose to be making 500whp dyno tuned by GTR Performance in CA. Could it be possible the duty cycle is just being maxed out? The spark and voltage seems to be ok.???
After you got the new combo together did you have it retuned?

AFLOCOBRA

Established Member
After you got the new combo together did you have it retuned?

not yet, i honestly have always thought it may need that to be honest since ive had it..it did burn those pistons, it was dynotuned with no KB BAP or PPRV delete wich i don't think would make much difference unless your shifting? I changed out all the coils, all vacuum lines are good.

AFLOCOBRA

Established Member
Things don't burn up for no reason. Get it returned before you romp on it again.
for now its going completely back to stock well with the exception of the exhaust. and i still have to remove the 2# lower. im currently trying to figure out how to remove the metco hub :mad:

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
for now its going completely back to stock well with the exception of the exhaust. and i still have to remove the 2# lower. im currently trying to figure out how to remove the metco hub :mad:

Pulley hub at the top or bottom. Saw your other thread then read this about the 2# seems confusing.

AFLOCOBRA

Established Member
so for the people that tried helping the car is back to stock minus the 2# lower and shes running great, i highly believe the oem fuel pump just cannot keep up with the timing and 16#s it was tuned for even with the BAP...in the near future im going moderate with a KB 2.2, 460s/return system hoping to use the 60lb injectors obviously on a new dyno tune. My goal is just to be able to smack them hellkittys here and there :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread