Data Plate Codes

Grumpy Old Man

Established Member
I am still trying to determine if the original build for our 99 SVT Mustang Cobra convertible was with a white or black top? I got a bunch of stuff from Ford Performance Group including an SVT Certificate (pictured below) but no answer to my question. Also pictured is the data plate but I haven't been able to decode all of it or find a match on a web site.

Some of the codes are:
EXT PNT = Electric Green
INT TR = Dark Charcoal
TR = 6 (I think this is Trim/Roof and may be the answer, no idea what 6 SVT certificate.jpg data plate.jpg 1999_ford_mustang_svt_cobra-pic-6001165581500468940-1024x768.jpeg =)

Any help will be appreciated. Please cite the source so I can document it.

52merc

Established Member
I only have codes for the MY2001 and they are as follows:

RC = Region Code - 48 = 48 State
DSO = Domestic Special Order
BRK = Brake Type Code
INT TR = Interior Trim Code
- D = Leather Primary/Leather Secondary
- W = Charcoal
TP/PS = Tape/Paint Stripe Codes
R = Radio Type - 8 = Sgl Disc CD AM/FM Stereo
AXLE = Axle Code - SE = 3.27 locker (Ford's term - means TracLoc)
TR = Transmission Code - 6 = T45OD
SPR = Spring Codes
Powertrain Calibration Code = 9VMMA
- 9 = MY99
- don't know the rest
Of the Electric Green convertibles built:
89 DWs had Black roof
0 DWs had Saddle roof
10 DWs had White roof

Last edited:

52merc

Established Member
I have a Ford Shop Manual which gives the codes (for MY01). The other info on build numbers came from "SVT Mustang Cobra Recognition Guide - 1993-2000" by Thomas A. Shreiner & Peter C. Sessler.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I am still trying to determine if the original build for our 99 SVT Mustang Cobra convertible was with a white or black top? I got a bunch of stuff from Ford Performance Group including an SVT Certificate (pictured below) but no answer to my question. Also pictured is the data plate but I haven't been able to decode all of it or find a match on a web site.

Some of the codes are:
EXT PNT = Electric Green
INT TR = Dark Charcoal
TR = 6 (I think this is Trim/Roof and may be the answer, no idea what 6 View attachment 1542667 View attachment 1542668 View attachment 1542669 =)

Any help will be appreciated. Please cite the source so I can document it.

Get a Marti Report

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
So the 2nd pic is the deluxe, or whatever it is called? What was the reason for ordering both?

Grumpy Old Man

Established Member
I thought it answered my original question better, is my Cobra 1 of 10 as it was advertised? There was some thought that the top had been replaced from black in the past 20 years.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I cant actually see the contents of the reports. The info in the small report is not in the full report?

Grumpy Old Man

Established Member
If you click on the image you may be able to expand it. The deluxe report has more detail about the original configuration. The standard report gets to the uniqueness of the production for you model year. I can't think of a better way to explain it.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
If you click on the image you may be able to expand it. The deluxe report has more detail about the original configuration. The standard report gets to the uniqueness of the production for you model year. I can't think of a better way to explain it.

Ok, so they dont share the same information?

Grumpy Old Man

Established Member
Not in the same way. There is common data between the reports. The deluxe report has what I consider window sticker info. It confirmed the build,was with the white top in,my case. The production numbers info is presented differently so it would be impossible to see how unique the car was for the model year.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Not in the same way. There is common data between the reports. The deluxe report has what I consider window sticker info. It confirmed the build,was with the white top in,my case. The production numbers info is presented differently so it would be impossible to see how unique the car was for the model year.

Thanks for the clarification. I've been looking into getting these, but wasn't sure if I wanted/needed both.
I'm definitely going to want both reports.

Thanks again Grumpy. Cheer up buddy:D

Grumpy Old Man

Established Member
It was always the question of documenting the proof, not making it more unique. Like I said before, a 20 yo car may have had the top replaced. For all I knew the original would likely been black. I just want to prove or disprove a claim if I get called on it. Understand?

Users who are viewing this thread