Data logging downstream intake temps.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
I have a sct x4. I was able to setup the gauges to show the temp coming from iat sensor behind the blower intake. I got retuned on Sunday and tried to datalog to keep a eye on the temps to make sure the intercooler pump was working and it’s no longer showing temp just a 2.0 reading. Did something get changed with the revised tune. Thanks for any help

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Soap

Established Member
Are you looking at values on the handheld device or are you datalogging on a laptop? You should be looking at "Downstream Air Temp".

--Joe

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
On the handheld. I downloaded the pid file I had to my handheld that he sent for data logging. It worked fine before I was able to read temps. I’m assuming the value changed since it use to read Fahrenheit and now is maybe reading volts and I can’t change it. Even on the laptop it no longer shows temp. Not sure what I can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
2ca7d8ce66c8ff2016366561183e23c9.jpg

This is a pic before I got retuned. Iat Temp on the upper left corner. I’ll post a pic of what it shows later tonight

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
2ca7d8ce66c8ff2016366561183e23c9.jpg

This is a pic before I got retuned. Iat Temp on the upper left corner. I’ll post a pic of what it shows later tonight

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
Talked to sct this morning and they said it must be a issue with car. Since it’s reading other parameters with no problem. Maybe iat sensor.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Do you have a laptop you can datalog with? If it works through Livelink then you'll know its something with the X4.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
I will try that next. I’m just hoping it’s not the car or computer .

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
My tuner said it was fine. Just wasn’t sure what changed after my recent tune to make it read different.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
I did datalog with the computer this morning and it’s showing the same -2.00 for the downstream temps as the handheld shows. I also had the. Car shut off on me while coasting to a stop with the clutch in three times.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
I will be checking tonight. I have one on the way. I’m also going to replace the sensor on the intake incoming air temp sensor as well as checking for vacuum leaks

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
I don’t have a cel but I pulled codes. I got. P0108
P1115. Pretty much all related to the map sensor or iat2 sensor.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
Received the new map sensor /iat2 sensor. Plugged it in and no go. Still seeing -2.00 on the c4 handheld.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I might be reaching, but do you have a buddy with a hand held you can borrow to datalog with? Even if it's just as a pass through to the computer.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
I was going to do that next. I was also going to go as far as ordering a aeroforce interceptor gauge but I don’t want to spend the money to possibly get the same results. The only reason I’m thinking it’s more than just the handheld is that I’m also getting two codes related to the sensor. P1115 and p0108. I ordered a new pigtail and I’m going to check the wires going to the computer next.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I think the Aeroforce is a good investment either way. I have mine set up to watch the charge temp and A/F.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
So just figured out it’s in the tune. I reloaded my base tune I had and there it was showing temps again. The strategy is different on the tuner than on my cars computer. Problem solved I guess. But I can’t log temps and not sure if I get a aeroforce that it will

Users who are viewing this thread