Dark Tint, Light Tint, No Tint?

BYEPOLR

Established Member
I could be alone on this but I've started to think that tint might be more of a trend than a timeless appearance mod. I think it's starting to fade along the same lines as black wheels and dark taillights. Aside from those that DD their cars in hot climate and utilize tint for function, where do you guys stand regarding tint on your cobras? Is it dependent on paint color? Wheel color? Something else? Limo tint used to be there very first thing I ever did to my cars. Now I'm starting to like totally clear glass with a clean interior more and more.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
My car and my truck have tint. I've never been a fan of limo. I usually keep it around 25-35%. I think it helps the interior last as well. The color of the car doesn't matter to me. I think it looks good no matter what color.

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
I could be alone on this but I've started to think that tint might be more of a trend than a timeless appearance mod. I think it's starting to fade along the same lines as black wheels and dark taillights. Aside from those that DD their cars in hot climate and utilize tint for function, where do you guys stand regarding tint on your cobras? Is it dependent on paint color? Wheel color? Something else? Limo tint used to be there very first thing I ever did to my cars. Now I'm starting to like totally clear glass with a clean interior more and more.
I have mine tinted. Came that way... it's 35 % it's not dark enough for my liking but I can see out of it a night.

A murdered out cobra is still pretty sick.
For example
2003-ford-mustang-cobra-terminator-rear-quarter.jpeg

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

BYEPOLR

Established Member
I have mine tinted. Came that way... it's 35 % it's not dark enough for my liking but I can see out of it a night.

A murdered out cobra is still pretty sick.
For example
View attachment 1552022

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple
I think black is the only color I would tint now. Likely because it gives the car a clean uniformed look. Otherwise for whatever reason I've started to think tint takes attention away from the paint (assuming the paint has great gloss and depth). I dunno, maybe I'm weird. I'm having the tint removed on my DSG and going back with the clean/clear look

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
I think black is the only color I would tint now. Likely because it gives the car a clean uniformed look. Otherwise for whatever reason I've started to think tint takes attention away from the paint (assuming the paint has great gloss and depth). I dunno, maybe I'm weird. I'm having the tint removed on my DSG and going back with the clean/clear look
Having the tint as a part of the whole tint package on DSG looks really good. Smoked headlights and tails seems to bring it all together.

On it's own I agree doesn't fit but simple smoked tails and darker wheels do make it look great...
downloadfile-3.jpeg

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I removed all the tint from my 93, except the rear window. My Terminator has light tint, but I think it looks better without. My daily has construction paper for tint.

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Having the tint as a part of the whole tint package on DSG looks really good. Smoked headlights and tails seems to bring it all together.

On it's own I agree doesn't fit but simple smoked tails and darker wheels do make it look great...View attachment 1552025

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple
See, I'd remove the tint and replace the tails with stockers or ambers.....although that does look killer for sure. I have the same color combo on my TF wheels

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
See, I'd remove the tint and replace the tails with stockers or ambers.....although that does look killer for sure. I have the same color combo on my TF wheels
That's why I picked this particular picture. When it all ties in then it looks menacing like a DSG should.

I hated the red lights on my 04. I like blacked out better

the Amber's on 01 were very nice but 04 cobra looks better
04 bridge.jpeg
P1191722.jpeg

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Just my little mineral grey GT. I prefer tint over no tint. If you live in GA, tint is almost mandatory. The benefits of having a good tint far outweigh clear glass.
20180502_003109.jpeg

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
20171019_161322110.jpg
I've had tint on all my DD for the last 20yrs, but damn I cant tint the Cobra just a bad ass ride, keeping the stock clean look.

jdcobra

Established Member
5% in the rear and 15% everywhere else would look clean

03' White Snake

Established Member
Tint handsdown. 5% with 35% on the windshield. 15% on the truck.

No one likes driving around in a fishbowl.

Every car looks better with tint. If this wasn't the case auto manufacturers would not show every car commercial with tinted windows, including the windshield.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Tint fo sho.
The basic mod, even do the wife’s cars, including the new minivan :)
Seriously though—tint, wheels, stance the bare minimum for a car guy
-J

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
35% is legal here in MA on the front doors. Everything else can go as dark as you please (other than windshield).

I've always been a fan of 25-30%. Not too light, but not dark enough to attract attention from the authorities.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I'm one of those that needs tint on my DD. Gets hot as hell here in the summer.

With that said, I removed the tint from my vert when I bought it. Had limo and I couldn't see s#!t when I would drive at night. I never put tint on my Roush. Wanted to keep it stock.

My 03 coupe has tint as I think it adds to the custom look of the car. So, to me it depends on what you want. Tint is practical and it can enhance the look of your car. It can also be distracting if you go to dark.

Like any other mod you have to choose what works for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread