Dang! I've gotten punched by Covid!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My wife was told by our doctor when he tested us for Covid that she could get the infusion if she got worse at the beginning. She didn't, and didn't need to get the infusion. It was never an option for me.

paluka21

Established Member
Exactly. Unless you’re really sick just stay home hydrate and rest.
Strange thought process. What will a positive test change in the treatment plan?
-J
Depends who you trust for treatment options. Several doc friends who are on the front lines fighting this thing and one of my doctors who specializes with infectious disease, have other options that have proven very successful with the many patients and family members they’ve treated.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I tested positive yesterday. Had a fever start late Monday (high in the 102s) and had general aches and pains. By Tuesday the fever dropped and by Wednesday it was gone and I was back to pretty much normal.

For me it was mild flu like symptoms for about 36 hours. Never lost taste or smell. I'm 40, vaccinated, and in pretty good shape. Have a feeling being healthy overall really helped me not have any serious symptoms.

Didn't do any crazy concoctions either. Plenty of water and an Emergency Pack once a day.

Fat Boss

Established Member
I've had it now for about a week. The weekend was pretty rough with a BRUTAL sinus headache. The past three days have been a medium cold for me, with a semi sore throat and a lot of coughing. 50 and my vaccination was a year ago. My gf is 41 and in about the same condition. Luckily, no nausea for either of us.

noco5.0

Established Member
I've been sick for the last two days with all the symptoms, but the rapid test shows negative. I don't care enough to go sit in some two mile line at a testing site for the PCR test. Honestly I want to get it (mild case) and move on. Hoping after the Omicron hysteria people learn to live with this and things get back to some level of normal.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
100% normal today. Taste is back. My wife is pretty much 100% back to normal, too. A friend of mine (81 years old and not vaccinated) has all the symptoms of Omicron, but he went for a Covid test on Sunday and it was negative. He believes he and his wife have a bad cold. They're quarantining mainly because they just doesn't feel like doing anything but resting. I guess if he IS negative for Covid it shows that there are folks out there who might have a bad winter cold or flu but might think they have Covid if not tested. Or....just maybe he had a false negative test. It happens.

This is everything wrong with the world.

Tested negative, but quarantining ? Why? The fact that “ maybe it’s a false negative “ is a joke.

If there can be false negatives and you quarantine… then that means you can have false positives and be out and about…

Oh 2020+ logic

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Exactly. Unless you’re really sick just stay home hydrate and rest.
Strange thought process. What will a positive test change in the treatment plan?
-J

I’m going to ask a 100% honest question…

since day 1.. the ONE main vitamin that was good to fight Covid 19 has ALWAYS been Vitamin D.. (100% scientifically proven )

… why would sitting in your house relaxing be a good idea? Wouldn’t the BEST idea be… being outside.. you know with that big ass light up thing In the sky … giving you natural vit D

blk02edge

Established Member
Turns out pretty well everyone I know has it right now, vax/not Vax doesn't seem to have changed much in the severity

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
The fatigue and lack of focus/motivation lasted forever for me, and I’m still dealing with it some. I’m 3.5 months post-covid and still have super foggy days here and there. My memory is also not what it was before, I’m constantly having to email myself things now whereas previously I was on top of everything all in my head. It’s frustrating to say the least.

It’s been 8 months for me, the fatigue has lessened but the fog still is a huge prt

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've been sick for the last two days with all the symptoms, but the rapid test shows negative. I don't care enough to go sit in some two mile line at a testing site for the PCR test. Honestly I want to get it (mild case) and move on. Hoping after the Omicron hysteria people learn to live with this and things get back to some level of normal.
The voice of reason. And that is how we all handled a normal illness/bad cold in the past. Stay home, get rest and wait it out. That's how we build antibodies.

MG0h3

Established Member
Good to hear it Bob. I'm on day 9. I still can't taste of smell anything which really sucks. The fatigue is killing me. I'm finding it very hard to concentrate as I try to work and read things.

I went almost 4 weeks with no taste or smell.

Still felt sluggish and weird memory issues. Memory stuff stood out because my memory is sharp.

Went away a day after I started a prednisone pack.

Worth a shot if the doc will prescribe you one.

Then again it’s not abnormal to still feel some symptoms only 9 days after having the flu.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Bird76Mojo

Established Member
@biminiLX No, I knew Bob was vaxxed, was just wondering if he got the infusion also.
Depending on which variant he had, I read today that the infusion is far less effective on omicron than it is with the earlier variants.

I work for a healthcare company and they sent out a company-wide email stating as much. They do have limited supplies of an new infusion that is more effective for Omicron, but the supply chain with it is a nightmare. The company is running out of it very quickly when it does finally come in. Plus they're giving priority to a certain demographic.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
That might be a near record. 24 hrs. Did you test positive or did you believe you caught Rona?
Had many acquaintances with the same, and some not so much. They all supposedly had it, but with the test accuracy, who knows.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
That might be a near record. 24 hrs. Did you test positive or did you believe you caught Rona?

It’s not Joe Rogan was fine in 24. Back in gym in 48.

Same with many people who take care of themselves

blk02edge

Established Member
Yes on a rapid test, there was 20 of us in a condo at a ski resort that had an outbreak for new years, everyone got it but not one with any noteworthy symptoms.

See I'm smart, I waited for Omicron to catch it.

Users who are viewing this thread