Dang! I've gotten punched by Covid!

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Sorry to hear COVD trashed your Christmas plans, when you feel better, you can put extra effort in New Years..

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Well we were going to have 2 out 3 kids home for Christmas, one got sick, the other one's roommate came down with it so he's staying there to be safe. Now I have a 21 lb turkey for me and the wife. I'm sure the dog will help.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We just got a text from a friend who was planning on having their son's family (grandson 11 years old and granddaughter 13 years old) over tomorrow night for a Christmas Eve sleep-over and they'd spend Christmas Day together. They just found out their grandson tested positive for Covid and now their plans are cancelled. I feel bad for them.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
We just got a text from a friend who was planning on having their son's family (grandson 11 years old and granddaughter 13 years old) over tomorrow night for a Christmas Eve sleep-over and they'd spend Christmas Day together. They just found out their grandson tested positive for Covid and now their plans are cancelled. I feel bad for them.
keeping families apart is the worst.

I've got a sinus infection they gave me meds for and immediately felt better but the fam still insisted I get a test and I understand. Thankfully my aunt had an extra one still and came back negative.

a majority of the people I know that got it, got it at a family gathering. Hell, a family at work lost their mom because they got together for father's day and one of the children had it.

SSCOBRA03

Established Member
Hope everyone gets better. I got it in January 2021 and slept most of the day for about 10 days. Lost 20 pounds as I didn't want to eat. Stayed home and took Musinex DM. No fever but loss of taste and smell and body aches. After about 3 weeks I started feeling normal. I wasn't vaccinated then but I am now. I do not want that crap again.

F China and anyone that likes them.

MG0h3

Established Member
Hope everyone gets better. I got it in January 2021 and slept most of the day for about 10 days. Lost 20 pounds as I didn't want to eat. Stayed home and took Musinex DM. No fever but loss of taste and smell and body aches. After about 3 weeks I started feeling normal. I wasn't vaccinated then but I am now. I do not want that crap again.

I ate almost normal, but wasn’t lifting weights 6 days a week so the weight loss surprised me.

I was monitoring my pulse and O2sat regularly.

Want to say I went almost a month where we never captured my resting heart rate under 90.

Weirdest shit. BP fine. O2 sats stayed in the low 90s for a couple weeks and crept up to mid 90s for a week. Again, full month before my normal reading of 97.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Speedy recovery Bob! Hopefully you both have a light case

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

paluka21

Established Member
I hope everyone who is sick gets better quickly. Definitely can turn into a very scary situation quickly when infected and early treatment is key. Unfortunately it appears with omicron, the previous monoclonal antibody treatments are not effective for the omicron variant, however there is the news of the new Pfizer Covid pill regimen that is being released.
Also, it appears omicron may not be as severe as Delta and the previous versions, at least judging by reports from other countries.
I will say that I know several people (family and extended family) who took ivermectin and the followed the Americans front line doctors recommendations, and only got minor symptoms. One was vaccinated (although 9 months into second shot) and 71 years old and was only mildly ill. The others were unvaccinated and had equal outcomes regardless of their age. Several doc friends of mine are also prescribing ivermectin and have seen very positive results reversal of symptoms.

rborden

Established Member
Damn man. Sorry to hear that. Take it easy a d get better soon.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Get better soon!

Pretty sure I had it last winter....

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd say we're both a bit better, but I'm still congested. Not quite as bad as yesterday. My sleep was broken throughout the night. And I just looked outside to see that he "dusting" of snow forecasted last night has turned out to be more than a dusting. I can't go out there to shovel or use the snow blower, so it will just have to set there. More snow is in the forecast for tomorrow, but hopefully not more than we are getting today.

quad

Established Member

That was me in January 2018. I was building my last Ethereum mining rig and got hit with the flu. Left all the equipment on the dining table for a few days and walked around like a zombie and slept in front of the TV. Lost 15 pounds in the process due to lack of appetite.

That was the worst cold / flu I ever had. My wife ended up getting just as sick 2 weeks after I had it. We suspect it was the flu vaccine that she was mandated to take that caused it. She never got sick until they made her get flu shots and it made me sick also a few times even though I did not get a flu shot. Now that she works from home they have not yet mandated her to get the flu or covid shot fortunately.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Lol at flu shot causing the flu.How do people still spout that myth?
That was me in January 2018. I was building my last Ethereum mining rig and got hit with the flu. Left all the equipment on the dining table for a few days and walked around like a zombie and slept in front of the TV. Lost 15 pounds in the process due to lack of appetite.

That was the worst cold / flu I ever had. My wife ended up getting just as sick 2 weeks after I had it. We suspect it was the flu vaccine that she was mandated to take that caused it. She never got sick until they made her get flu shots and it made me sick also a few times even though I did not get a flu shot. Now that she works from home they have not yet mandated her to get the flu or covid shot fortunately.

OK Bozos, stop clowning around.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My wife and I are, finally, doing better today. Yesterday very congested (stuffy head). Today, at least 50% better. Sitting here now watching Christmas Vacation. One of the best movies ever, LOL.

I hope everyone else is either doing great, health-wise, or well on the road to recovery.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I have only received a flu shot once in my life. Never again!
Brother and sister in law stayed in our inlaw suite during an extended house shopping stent.
She was a pediatrician, and was insistent I get the flu jab. Well......that shot in my arm caused my arm shoulder and arm to ache to the point I could not work with my hands over my head. That lasted about 2 months. Never again

Users who are viewing this thread