Dang! I've gotten punched by Covid!

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
my sister just got discharged from the hospital and rehab last Thursday, she was in the hospital for 104 total days after covid nearly killed her! shit is no joke, we really thought we were going to lose her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Damn that’s rough. Glad it worked out for you though.

Recon

Established Member
Sorry to hear this, but take care of yourself, Bob. Sounds like it’s not a severe as it could have be. You’ll bounce back in no time!
I had it the weekend after 911 in 2020. I would’ve never known unless I got tested. Cold symptoms for 36 hours and done. Lucky, considering I’m high risk, due to medical issues.

Pick your poison.

CLN 6R

Established Member
Good luck.

I tested positive Monday the 13th after having a headache that started late Friday the 10th and continued through the weekend and headache meds didn’t help, went to the Urgent care, got tested and boom. Covid. Funny thing is I got my first vaccine Thursday the 2nd, and to my knowledge never had Covid prior.

Started with a headache and tiredness, grew to on off chills, never really had a fever over 99. I just started feeling somewhat better yesterday, been taking my typical daily multivitamin , an “emergency“ vitamin gummy, and ibuprofen. Still under quarantine until Saturday. Been staying in my bedroom watching Netflix and tv.

scott_0

Established Member
Damn glad she is alright though
Did she have any other pre-existing issues?

yes, she has asthma pretty bad, and has always been someone that gets sick easily, but she has always been known to be tough and a fighter, the doctors told my niece she needed to make a decision, they were telling her it would be best to just take the ventilator off and let her pass, and we were not having it, that was just shy of 60 days in.

So, all I can say is, take this shit seriously, don’t live life scared, but it is 100% legit, if you have a loved one that looks dire with covid, do not give up hope.

Bob, if you and the wife start to get too bad, get to the hospital immediately! my sister waited till she was really bad before going to the hospital.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Man sorry to all affected, this whole thing sucks.

As Bob is the OP, wishing you and your wife a speedy recovery. Glad you, hopefully, have not shared with T and her daughter. There will be another X-mas next year (but that what we said last year,....).... just flat out sucks.

bglf83

Established Member
I attended a party in OH recently, everyone was vaccinated, most with the booster. There were around 20 people there and about 5 people had Covid about 4 days later.

No one is bad off though, they all say it’s like a cold.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Sorry to hear.

Apparently it's affecting a ton of people right now. Illinois just set a record for cases yesterday with like 30,000 in a single day. That is insane.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I am still recovering from a super cold that has been going around. Started to feel the effects on the 11th and was at is worst 14/15. Sweating, upper teeth pain, ear pain, and snot galore that wouldnt let me sleep.

Still have slight lingering effects but all is good. Havent gotten the cold in years. I suspect the masks had something to do with suppressing the immune system.

Just relax and have a glass of wine. The Witcher season 2 and Matrix are out. Enjoy those.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Be glad it’s not as severe. On day 21 of it and now dealing with the after effects. Still no taste and smell, extreme fatigue unlike I’ve ever felt, and my favorite one ……. Memory fog/losing my train of thought.
Good times!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
my sister just got discharged from the hospital and rehab last Thursday, she was in the hospital for 104 total days after covid nearly killed her! shit is no joke, we really thought we were going to lose her

I don't mean to sound insensitive at all when I ask this, truly curious as to the events that led to this outcome.

We're there early treatment plans?
Any prescribed treatments? Or the good ol "you got Covid, good luck" that I hear many have when consulting their doctors?
Was she put on vent too early without attempting alternatives? Put on vent too late? Did she wait too long to seek medical aid?
Did she have other factors exacerbating her conditions?

Glad she pulled through. I hear great success in ivermectin with long haul recovery too, might want to consult with Frontline doctors (FLCCC) and see what they can do.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man sorry to all affected, this whole thing sucks.

As Bob is the OP, wishing you and your wife a speedy recovery. Glad you, hopefully, have not shared with T and her daughter. There will be another X-mas next year (but that what we said last year,....).... just flat out sucks.
Thanks Andy. T and my pregnant granddaughter are fine. Fortunately we hadn't been with them since at least last Thursday. So no risk of exposure to them. We'll probably get together later next week to exchange gifts. Have a wonderful Christmas, Andy.

I am still recovering from a super cold that has been going around. Started to feel the effects on the 11th and was at is worst 14/15. Sweating, upper teeth pain, ear pain, and snot galore that wouldnt let me sleep. Still have slight lingering effects but all is good. Havent gotten the cold in years. I suspect the masks had something to do with suppressing the immune system.

Just relax and have a glass of wine. The Witcher season 2 and Matrix are out. Enjoy those.
I intend to watch Matrix Resurrections today! On my home theater. Ahhhh.

Be glad it’s not as severe. On day 21 of it and now dealing with the after effects. Still no taste and smell, extreme fatigue unlike I’ve ever felt, and my favorite one ……. Memory fog/losing my train of thought.
Good times!
I'm really sorry to hear that. Mine is nothing, in reality, to what you've been through. Get well soon!!

UPDATE: Sleeping last night was very spotty due to chest congestion and a bit of difficulty breathing. Nothing really bad; just enough to affect my sleep. My nose is stuffy, like I have a bad chest/head cold. My wife has the same thing. We'll continue to take zinc, vitamin C and vitamin D.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I had gotten sick back in August,

Only laid me out for 3 days .
I don't do doctors so was never tested .

I've been close to others since that have gotten sick without any issues of a second sickness,,

I was working in Houston the first week of December and guy I roomed with caught covid and was tested 2 days after our return home .

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Hate to hear it, but I think everyone is going to get some variant of it eventually.
Stay safe, relax, and get well soon!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Get well Bob. It amazes me how it effects people differently. I had it last October of 2020. Felt like crap for a few days loss taste and smell chills fatigued. Took a while to get my taste and smell back. I hope I never get it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread