Damn Old People

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
I figure I'll post here too. Last saturday right after I got the car waxed, prepped for winter, and put the stock wheels back on I get nailed by an old lady who just pulled out onto the road I was traveling on without even looking. She is freakin 83 yrs old and didn't even seem to think she did much:fm::fm:

079.jpg

092.jpg

084.jpg

088.jpg

091.jpg

Well I planned on doing the motor this winter....now looks like half the car will be resprayed too lol. I'm just hoping it's not totaled because it's got 261+ on her so she's not worth a whole lot. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

esoteric781

01 - 2 - 04
Established Member
Good luck brotha, I can't stand seeing certain old people on the road, its just a fact of life that you're reaction time slows exponentially when you get older. I am a firm believer that we should implement stricter driving standards for the elderly, a test at 60, 65, 70, and then a test once a year thereafter just to test reaction time and vision.
I also believe that everyone should have to go through the tactical driving course that most states offer to actually KNOW what their car can do, and how to control spinouts and such.

99E.GreenCobra

Established Member
I can't stand seeing certain old people on the road, its just a fact of life that you're reaction time slows exponentially when you get older. I am a firm believer that we should implement stricter driving standards for the elderly, a test at 60
:eek:Boy is it hard gettin old, so now in a little over a year, I got to have a compency driving test.....errr ........one question can I bring my....
:coolman::coolman: COBRA :D

j/k and Im sorry eastcoast 5.0 on your accident hope it all works out

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Damn that sucks Alex..:fm:

If it were to be totalled, buy it back, probably wouldn't cost more than a few hundred bucks... :shrug:

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Good luck brotha, I can't stand seeing certain old people on the road, its just a fact of life that you're reaction time slows exponentially when you get older. I am a firm believer that we should implement stricter driving standards for the elderly, a test at 60, 65, 70, and then a test once a year thereafter just to test reaction time and vision.
I also believe that everyone should have to go through the tactical driving course that most states offer to actually KNOW what their car can do, and how to control spinouts and such.
I totally agree about establishing another test when a certain age is reached. It's outrageous to see some of the people on the road today. The lady who hit me had the nerve to say that she has good judgment!! WTF?!

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Damn that sucks Alex..:fm:

If it were to be totalled, buy it back, probably wouldn't cost more than a few hundred bucks... :shrug:
I hope it doesn't come to that but it's a possibility. I have about 5K in receipts so that will help.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Well it's going to the shop tomorrow. I may be able to get the whole car resprayed it depending on how much it'll cost!

9snakebite6

Banned
this is why i dont own a gun

im with him. I hate to see a black sn ruined :( i hope it all goes well 4 u

edit: as far as receipts, my insurance only gave me 1500 , as they said anything more wouldnt be covered. Something about a special policy, like say if you car is worth 10k, and u got 5k in mods, u take a 15k insurance on the car. Makes sense if u got ALOT tied into it. however i cannot afford to do that lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread