Damn dealers!!!!!!!

MS KWIK

Established Member
Just picked up my '03 black coupe last night, and what do I see, but that fugly front license plate bracket installed! :fm: I told my salesman not to have it done!!!! I am sooooo mad. I've stuck my Ford Racing plate on there, what can I do, other than buy a new freakin bumper. Can the holes be filled and painted over? There's also a piece of dirt stuck in the paint, right in the middle of the bumper, looks terrible.

I know we are supposed to have a front plate here in Cali, but I know a CHP officer who would write the ticket off if I ever got one! Other than that, the car is awesome, only had 4 miles on it.

POINTCOVER

Established Member
My Dad was telling me that can be fixed. The sell special flat head screws to cover the holes. That and some touch up paint should do the trick. I'll find out more for you or e-mail me. [email protected]

Venom Lover

Established Member
Hey, Shelley, congratulations on the new Cobra! I'm glad the waiting ordeal is finally over for you.

Sorry to hear about the front license plate though. In the grand scheme of things, it's good that the car had only 4 miles, though. Wish I had some advice for you about how to deal with the front license plate.

Let's hook up some time!

ssssnake

Established Member
Ms Kwik, we didn't want that done either, so we told them not to drill. Our first pull over by the State troopers was for no license plate in the front. Just a warning ticket that time. Don't know what to do now because I sure don't want to attract their attention any more than necessary. Congratulations on the car! Mary

Cobra'03

Established Member
Man., I would be mightily sour on those bozos if they had done that to my new car.

My kustomkrusr bracket came out great...I have the Cobra OE kit in my hand now...it mounts with rivets if done properly! I am so glad I convinced (insisted) that my dealer not mount that damn thing. Today when a went to get some misc parts (including the Yellow coolant) when I came back to my car, several dealership personnel were looking at my bracket solution, and how I can mount/dismount the plate in seconds, and how barely visible the bracket is when I pull the plate.

svt-tmleader

Established Member
You could buy plastic caps that just plug in. I had a customer with a 03 Eddie Bauer Exped that had our body shop paint a few of them to match and it looks great!

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
MSKWIK: what do you like better, the s351, Z06, 93? Saleen, or the 03 Cobra.

I know I would take this 03 over my 00 s281sc or my 98 Cobra any day.

MS KWIK

Established Member
Hey Mike,

I actually like this '03 Cobra, over the '99 S351, '01 Z06 and '92 Saleen :) I've done so many car deals in the past four years, it's been nuts. Guess I just haven't found a car that I've been entirely happy with. The S351 was a beautiful car, but costing me way too much money per month and had way too many problems. The Z06 was a great car, very fast, a little hard to get in and out of, but what I didn't like was having no back seat. Not that I carry people around, but I throw jackets, purse, etc. back there and it was an inconvenience to keep opening the trunk. I'd still have the car if I hadn't have lost my job and needed to trade it in for something cheaper (Jeep Grand Cherokee). The '92 Saleen has been great until it's blown three head gaskets, thanks to faulty work done by my mechanic (I won't mention names, email me if you want any info, hehe). I've finally gotten the '92 repaired and it's running great now.

Thanks everyone for the responses on my license plate dilemma. I think I'll look for those plastic covers and plug those in, then paint them. Tomorrow I'll take a pic of my new Ford Racing plate in the front, it doesn't look too bad, but I would rather have no holes drilled in my new baby!!!! :gt:

Shelley

Users who are viewing this thread