DACP hard to remove.....

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I was wondering if I've been working the DACP too long cause it was a bitch to remove and I've still got a few places that I missed. Some of this I blame on poor lighting but Ive fixed that problem. I did like the instructions on the bottle said and worked it til it was almost dry then I worked on another section to let it dry more then came back and buffed it off. Also is it wrong to use #34 quick detailer to help buff off the DACP thats being tough to remove?? Thanks 2881

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
DACP is known to be tuff to remove sometimes. I use a 50/50 alchol water mix to help get it off sometimes, but useing #34 is ok too. If you are doing it in the sun or if the surface is a little to warm that can make it hard to remove also.

NXGHOST

Established Member
Meguiars #83, Dual Action Cleaner Polish. You are waiting toooo long before you stop buffing. As soon as it turns from milky white to a slightly translucent appearance, stop and wipe it off.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Thanks, thats all good info to know for next time. I was wondering what I was doing wrong cause I was working in the garage out of the sun and it was still tough to buff off even with moderate pressure. :read: :thumbsup: 2881

George Wax

Established Member
F.Y.I. M-83-32 Meguiar's Dual Action Cleaner Polish, was originally designed to be used by a high speed rotary buffer, and in my opinion it's break's down and work's the best with a high speed rotary buffer. However,thru various internet detailing message board's people have been using it with a Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher (PC), and a foam polishing pad with good result's however, removing the product becomes an issue when using a PC because it really never break's down completely like it would with a rotary buffer. A better choice with very good result's and easy removal would be Meguiar's Speed Glaze M-80-32, excellent cleaner/polish that will work with a PC or by hand with excellent result's and best of all Speed Glaze breaks down really well and removal is easy with a microfiber wipe.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Thanks George, thats also good info to know. I have no other complaints about the DACP besides being tough to wipeoff. I have all three 83,82,80 I used 83 and 82 this time, Ill try the 80 next time. :beer: 2881

Users who are viewing this thread