D1SC doing work last night

4VFTW

Established Member
Went back to the track for the 3rd time to try to get some logs of the car becuase the 1st 2 trips I had laptop issues and couldnt get any. 1st trip to the track car went 10.53@131 with a 1.59 60' and I was disappointed a little but I know there is something left on the table with the shiftpoints and the car felt lazy in 3rd. So after that trip I finally got around to lowereing the car 1.5" in the rear after riding around in 4X4 mode for 2 years. Went back to the track wednesday night and the car went 10.31@131 with a 1.48 60'... no idea where the car picked up .10 in the 60' from but I was happy , heres the slip
20141213_083453_zpssfnpgliy.jpg

so I headed up last night ,loaded in my MS109 tune (which only has 17deg timing in it) pumped in 5 gal of 260GT and let the car cool for about 45min and go to get a datalog and I wind up getting no log because I guess the laptop got jarred on launch and lost comm , the car felt really lazy in 3rd like it was bogging almost and I came close to lifting but stayed in it and wound up with this slip.
20141213_081610_zpsbfzptcak.jpg

I'm stoked at this point and after a long cooldown I go try to get a log again. takes forever getting to the starting line with cars having issues getting down the track and my car gets pretty much upto full temp but whatever , I footbrake it up and leave and I see a 1.44 60' and know it will be a decent pass, the car feels strong in 3rd , but slightly off in 4th, I pull up to get my slip from the guy and he's kinda looking at me like im in trouble but with a smirk at the same time. I pull away and look at the slip and I see
20141213_081645_zps8ixj8yqq.jpg

now i'm like ...am I looking at the wrong lane? No. did he give me the wrong slip? No! HOW THE **** DID THAT JUST HAPPEN???

guess the Rodney Dangerfield of superchargers got a little respect after all.

the only negative is that clearly on the only log I got (9.98 pass) the car is not laying down like it has every other pass , so I dont know if Ken will be able to figure out whats going on off that log.

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Congrats! That's awesome! :rockon:

Was your car up to temp on the first couple of passes? If mine is not warm enough, it will slow down. I think the computer runs it rich if it's not up to a certain temp.

nowwhat

Established Member
Congrats. Would you still choose the tvs like you stated if you were to do it over again? I am in the market for a blower and posts like these help with my decision.

4VFTW

Established Member
I would have to drive a tvs car at this point to make that decision but I do think the instant boost would be more fun in a automatic street driven car

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Car is quiet too! Such a badass machine congrats on the 9 second pass.

Built motor or stock?

Users who are viewing this thread