D day, 74 years ago today

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I don't care who you are, you have to give ENORMOUS amounts of respect to that kid. I do not if it his parents served that caused him to invest time like that or what but that kid had great resolve for such a young age. Very self driven and self motivated. It reminds me of myself. He is going to be a great member of society.

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
Kid has a greater understanding of what made, and still makes, this life possible than most of the adults I've ever met.

Kudos to him, and his parents.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I was watching this at work this morning and made it to the point where the bugler joins him on the beach. I had to stop it there and watch the rest later when nobody else was around.

_Snake_

Established Member
Thanks for sharing.

Definitely a powerful video featuring an exceptional young man.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Let's also remember that 100 years ago today the Marines fought the battle of Belleau Wood which was the most violent battle for the Marines in our history at the time. Much of our reputation comes from this very battle which this article explains pretty well. It gets overshadowed by D-Day but they were both epic battles that shaped the outcomes of both World Wars.

Exclusive--Patrick K. O'Donnell: The Unknown D-Day; The Marines' Bloody Charge at Belleau Wood, June 6, 1918 | Breitbart

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Let's also remember that 100 years ago today the Marines fought the battle of Belleau Wood which was the most violent battle for the us in our history at the time. Much of our reputation comes from this very battle which this article explains pretty well. It gets overshadowed by D-Day but they were both epic battles that shaped the outcomes of both World Wars.

Exclusive--Patrick K. O'Donnell: The Unknown D-Day; The Marines' Bloody Charge at Belleau Wood, June 6, 1918 | Breitbart

World War I was an extremely bloody war, to say the absolute least. Millions of lives were lost. I thought I read all the famous battles of WWI but never read about this one. I just Wikipedia it and reading now. Thanks for the heads up.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
World War I was an extremely bloody war, to say the absolute least. Millions of lives were lost. I thought I read all the famous battles of WWI but never read about this one. I just Wikipedia it and reading now. Thanks for the heads up.
It is where Marines earned the name from the Germans "Teufel Hunden" or Devil Dog.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
It is where Marines earned the name from the Germans "Teufel Hunden" or Devil Dog.

Very interesting. What I read on Wikipedia too, which I had no clue about before, said "Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever" and "Retreat? Hell, we just got here" are all American quotes from that battle too. Good things to learn since I've heard them before and didn't know where they came from.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Very interesting. What I read on Wikipedia too, which I had no clue about before, said "Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever" and "Retreat? Hell, we just got here" are all American quotes from that battle too. Good things to learn since I've heard them before and didn't know where they came from.

Yep! Those all get drilled into you at boot camp. It's probably the most famous and coveted battle in Marine Corps history, and a big deal when Marines go over to France and visit the area. From what I have been told is that the French people in Belleau Wood still show gratitude to the Marines that visit. Same goes for the military that visit Normandy Beach.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I am really thinking of incorporating some WWII landmarks in my wife and I’s Europe trip.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread