cutting the springs tomrrow

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Cobrabuddy said:
why are you guys cutting your springs?
Because the only aftermarket springs better than cut stockers are H&R race. A lot of people cut springs on Cobras and are very pleased with the results and also saved a little money.

sicfast

Established Member
04sleeper said:
Fix your driveway!

believe me i want to, but HOA would KILL ME. i suppose i could concoct a ramp that i could use to pull the cobra in and out of the drive?

Cobrabuddy

Established Member
04sleeper said:
2 bolts on each side is easier than messing with a spring compressor IMO.

If thats what you think you should invest in some better tools...

You drop an internal spring compressor in, you put an impact wrench on the compressor nut, and you pull the trigger...

10 seconds later you throw a chain around it... 1 min later you pull it out...

Cobrabuddy

Established Member
jmproductions said:
Because the only aftermarket springs better than cut stockers are H&R race. A lot of people cut springs on Cobras and are very pleased with the results and also saved a little money.

If they are progressive rate it is just stupid to cut them... If they're linear fine.... I have H&Rs, so I'm all set:-D

1 QWK SNK

1 QWK SNK
Established Member
I have some pro kit springs for sale...make an offer..they are still in the box..I went to the sportline springs.

cobra.jpg

ShaneN.

Established Member
What do you guys think about 3/4 of a coil all the way around? That should keep the back slightly higher, correct?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
ShaneN. said:
What do you guys think about 3/4 of a coil all the way around? That should keep the back slightly higher, correct?
No. 3/4 all the way around will leave the car level. If you want the car a little higher in the back then I would go with 1/2 in the rear and 3/4 in the front.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Cobrabuddy said:

You drop an internal spring compressor in, you put an impact wrench on the compressor nut, and you pull the trigger...

:rolleyes:

tigerwoods

Established Member
Cobrabuddy said:

which spring compressor do you use?

1bad03snake