Cutting grille.

jdcobra

Established Member
Anyone know where I can find proper instructions on how to cut the grille like this?

ffbe82736ce2e01e8f8610f339ed25ba.jpg

Imo I like the way it looks better and I'd probably buy another one and chop it so I can save the oem one

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Have you tried taking off the grille and looking? I read you have to pull the bumper to get the grille out, and I also heard there are pretty distinct lines where you need to cut. Can't be too tough, it's just plastic.

jdcobra

Established Member
Have you tried taking off the grille and looking? I read you have to pull the bumper to get the grille out, and I also heard there are pretty distinct lines where you need to cut. Can't be too tough, it's just plastic.

Well I was just gonna buy another grille and save the OEM one that's one the car just in case I wanna switch back or sell the car down the road.

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
I'd wait for the aftermarket to come up with one, I've seen pictures of this from different angles and looks like something is missing on the sides between headlight/radiator

CobraGixxer

Established Member
Bumper has to come off.
Pull the two grills.
The top grill has distinct lines to cut it out.
Bottom grill you have to judge where to cut.

I did mine, it wasn't too bad.

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
It might look good if you had a giant front mount i/c up there, but cutting all of the honeycomb makes it look a little unfinished.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
You need to be careful cutting your grills as I tried to buy a second set of grills, um for a "project" lol, and the upper is $750 :( Figure since spare parts are in short supply as they ramp up production and to fend off copying by aftermarket companies. The prices should drop later in 15 I bet

601Mystic04

Svt addiction
Established Member
Late model resto has the upper for $199. $750 for just the upper is ridiculously. I'll try it after they start selling the lower.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Late model resto has the upper for $199. $750 for just the upper is ridiculously. I'll try it after they start selling the lower.

Hmm weird. Says its by Ford. I'll order it tonight and run it while I hack up my oem. Thats all I really am looking for as cant do the "stuff" I want to an aftermarket part and cant go to shows with no grill in place

jdcobra

Established Member
Hmm weird. Says its by Ford. I'll order it tonight and run it while I hack up my oem. Thats all I really am looking for as cant do the "stuff" I want to an aftermarket part and cant go to shows with no grill in place

Are you using a dremel? Let us know how it goes!! :beer:

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We'll have them ready to ship by the end of next week! Place your orders and they'll ship right away when they arrive. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks and have a Happy New Year!

Users who are viewing this thread